Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Help for an eating disorder

Hey @BlueBay I'm hearing things are overwhelming right now and your ED is strong but you are stronger 💙 

Are you able to get in touch with your supports? It sounds scary and like it's more than you are able to cope with at the moment. Sitting with you 💙

that's the problem @Paperdaisy I saw my psych this afternoon and we talked about my eaitng disorder.  

now i feel triggered and don't know how to deal with it all

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been helpful for you @BlueBay it must be really hard to talk about. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to reach out to the butterfly foundation as they may have some useful tips...

It can be so hard to sit with those big feelings 💙

do they have an online chat? @Paperdaisy 

I believe so lovely @BlueBay Butterfly chat 

Take care 💙

goodmorning @BlueBay 

did you call Butterfly Chat? I hope so, they're an amazing organisation.

Hope today is a better day for you ❤️

hi @hanami @Paperdaisy 

i tried last night and this morning to chat online but there was a very long wait so i disconnected.

i am trying very hard to stay focussed with my eating today; i can't blow it or do anything bad today. i have to be able to do this. if i can't then i am a HUGE failure in life in not been able to achieve weightloss.

my psych and i talked about this topic a lot yesterday and i was not coping with what she told me.

i need to lose weight and when i feel desperate it's not a good feeling

it feels like i am running on high adrenaline

and having bursitis in my hip isn't helping me feel any better either

sleep is terrible the past few days

but seeing my physio tomorrow

hi @Bow @Shaz51 @Emelia8 

Hi @BlueBay 

Sorry to hear you didn't get through to the Butterfly Foundation. Maybe try again today?

I personally wouldn't take advice on my physical health from anyone but a health professional who has expertise, ie a dietician or my GP. Everyone is so different; there is no 'one size fits all' for this type of stuff. 

What I do know is that when we make huge demands of ourselves, we are often setting ourselves up for failure. Be kind to yourself and remember whatever your goal may be, it won't happen overnight. Be patient and gentle with your body. And also with your mind.

Hanami ❤️ 

Hi @BlueBay,

It sounds like you have a lot of your mind at the moment. Not having much sleep is no fun either - I hope you can get a good rest and hopefully your thoughts will settle a bit.

It's good you have spoken to your psych about how you're feeling but I understand when you say sometimes they don't say things that still too well with us. 

Glad you are seeing your physio tomorrow - from what I understand bursitis is quite painful. Wishing you well,

FloatingFeather

Hello and hugs my sister @BlueBay ❤❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance