Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Help for an eating disorder

I know those moods really well @BlueBay 

Something I've done in the past that is helpful is writing a gratitude list. But not your average gratitude list. But like really get back to basics like 'I am grateful I live on Earth where this oxygen' and 'I am gratefful for my opposable thumbs'. it can be good to lighten the mood but also helps me remember some good things about life that I may take for granted when things are tough.

Just a thought though, totally get it if. today is just about survival for you. 
- periwinklepixie 

Hey @BlueBay sorry today isn't such a good day for you, those days are hard. Around if you want to talk.

Hey @Bow  thanks 

I'm trying to be sensible with my eating (is there such a thing!!)

Can I ask you?  Do you/did you have a distorted view of yourself/your body? 
I have a feeling I've had issues all my life. And no doctor took my issues seriously except for this one now. Even my psych is on board. 

It sure is hard to be sensible with your eating when you have disordered eating. I am nurturing my body and sticking to my meal plan today, even though my ED is screaming at me and I'm engaging in other ED behaviours. 

distorted image.. I guess I struggle with it a little. I've had arguments with treating professionals about my body. But it's not something that I've always struggled with. 

it must be a relief to have someone that is finally listening to you. 

hi @Bow @periwinklepixie @ButterflyBeauty @TideisTurning 

Today is not a good eating day. 
terrible. Just can't stop. Craving carbs.  Anything I can grab I'm eating 

Msybe I should tape my mouth!! 

Hi everyone @Bow @periwinklepixie @TideisTurning @Emelia8 @Owlunar @Shaz51 @oceangirl @MDT  and others reading along - 

so today I weighed myself. Haven’t done that for quite a few weeks. I’m shocked   I have extra weight now to lose. More piled on. 
I can’t do this. It’s going to be a massive hard job to lose it all. 
im struggling with shame, anger, hate 

I don’t know what to do. I’m starting to feel panicky. 

I'm not too familiar with weight loss @BlueBay
But I do know that attitude and approach are most important. I do hope you find some resolve soon

Hey there. My name is Amanda and I have lived experience of anorexia and bulimia (now recovered).

I'm here to provide support or chat if you need.

Good Evening @AgileMind ,

Thank you for finding your way to the forums to support others. Your lived experience of eating disorders can bring so much insight into the conditions, and provide hope to the community.

As you browse through the forums, I'd encourage you to familiarise yourself with our forum guidelines.

As part of anonymity, we refer to members using their usernames (as opposed to their real name). Feel free to tag members by including the '@' symbol before their username.

I'm sure there are many members who would be so encouraged by your experiences.

Please reach out if you have any questions.

Take care,

tyme

(Peer Support Worker)

Hey @AgileMind  welcome to the forums, glad to have you here as someone with lived experience of an ED. I’m on the journey… it’s rough at the moment. Love to hear some things that you have found helpful?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance