Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is it okay to ignore Christmas? // 19 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hi everyone
I hate this time of the year. I’m just reminded of how bad my childhood was and now how much damage was done to my little one and me 3 years ago (just before Xmas).
I try to make it look like I’m having fun for my D, but I honestly just struggle.

I’d really like to stay and chat but I have to head out (30 min late already 😳:face_with_rolling_eyes:) I could very easily just chat on the forum tonight.
Anyway here’s hoping you all find a way through Christmas and have lots of yummy food. 🍪🥧🍮🍾🍤🥗🥙🍨🍗🥐🧀

@mj08 sushi sounds like a really nice easy Christmas meal. Smiley Happy

@NikNik LF = little fish. @CheerBear has three amazing little fish who she is a super awesome mum to. Smiley Happy

Little fish @NikNik. Its @CheerBear crew 😃

Hi @NikNik. I'm single, no kids. So I usually have a big sleep in Xmas day, then lunch with my parents and sister. Is pretty quiet...maybe too quiet...!?

Christmas is ALL THREE for me too. Once the kids were gone it hit hard. MI causes people to keep you at a distance, as too does being single. My family is toxic, I am always of two minds being there at christmas, it's so fake and disrespectful. And with CTO level psychosis with brothers, there's often conflict. Now this year mum is dying, likely the next few weeks, if that. I have to give up Chrissy with my son to be there for her, 1200km hour - I hate it all.

@aj08 sorry you lost your twins, on Christmas Eve, horrible timing you'll always be reminded of, and only three years ago 😞 - still early days in the continuum of grief. I lost my youngest at 13yo on Australia Day 6yrs ago - we do learn to live with it, find a peace, and moments of joy again. Be gentle with yourself at these vulnerable times, people cant do this for you, nit in my experience. Self compassion is the key. Stay strong ❤🎍🎍

Hello @NikNik 

This year has been hard, and  thinking about christmas due to a very close family death today , I am finding it hard to even get into christmas

@Shaz51so sorry to hear about you r loss today. My thoughts are with you Heart

Hi @CrazyTiger. It's great to see you here. I find it can be so hard sometimes when there are difficult memories around this time of the year and little people to push through them for. I feel thankful that I have my kids who really drive me to get up and out but it can be a struggle. And I get so tired too.

Thanks @Teej and thanks @Phoenix_Rising 🙂

What a beautiful message for @mj08, @Former-Member - thank you for sharing those kind words.

@Former-Member What a big sacrifice to make. I'm sure your mother will appreciate you being there. I'm sorry to hear she is unwell. 

@Shaz51, I'm so sorry to hear about your close friend. 

It sounds like christmas is going to be a bit out of the ordinary for your both this year.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance