Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is it okay to ignore Christmas? // 19 Dec, 7pm AEDT

& I'm an only child @Phoenix_Rising , @Former-Member & @Teej It's just my parents had lots of siblings who then also had a lot of kids 🙂

I am having my family here. I just want to see my kids happy and chatty and I’ll be happy. There is a lot to be grateful for this Christmas. My family and extended family have all overcome lots of obstacles this year and my kids are all achieving their goals as are their partners. There is a sense of peace and gratefulness this year that I haven’t had for a long time. I hope to bask in a simple day......but knowing my lot it will be crazy and chaotic but hopefully we’ll pull it together like we usually do 😜

I do all my Xmas shopping at Dan murphys. In and out in ten minutes....lol

Hi @greenspace, I don't think we have "met" before.

Yep, the isolation by virtue of services shutting down super sucks. Smiley Sad

Oops and thanks @NikNik.

I love the idea of in and out in 10min @Fee1 😊

In terms of tradition - we have a couple of traditions that we look forward to including things like a special certain type of birthday cake (because we have a close to Christmas birthday) and trip to see Christmas lights. They're often moments of stopping and I feel like they're opportunities to connect with what really matters. I try really hard to leave the stress and worry behind for those ones and they're often the memories I keep when the rest is a blur of post-December what just happened stuff.

Fairy lights are great 🙂

@Teej -I hope your Christmas is happy for you and your kids 🙂

That sounds so lovely @Teej !
What about others @Fee1  @mj08 - have you designated something for yourself - whether it be a kilo of prawns 🙂 or just some quiet reflective time?
Some way to find balance rather than being just dominated by Christmas?

Thanks @CheerBear. I hope you find lots of those precious moments with LF. Traditions like those you mentioned sound lovely. 💜

(PS: what does LF stand for @Teej )

My partner and I are thinking about just getting a tray of sushi this year instead of traditional Xmas food
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance