Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jannatul14
Casual Contributor

need suggestion

My husband(26) year old, he had psychosis 3years back. he got treated for 3 years now the doctor and him decided to stop medication. 

Reason: my husband got more depressed having medication. he doesnt want it and feels better without it.

recently he smokes marijuana and is getting a relapse and is talking to himself, having depressing thoughs( such as him being poor and having no one). If i tell him everything is gonna be fine he moves away and asks me to leave. he doesnt wanna see a doctor or does not want to take his medication.

I dont know what to do. any advice how to take him to a doctor

5 REPLIES 5

Re: need suggestion

Hi there @Jannatul14 ,

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband has relapsed. It sounds very hard for you.

Seeing he was under a doctor before, are you able to speak to the doctor to ask the best way forward?

Also, was he always smoking marijuana or did something happen for him to turn to drugs? It sounds like there's multiple things which complicate the situation.

Do you have supports for yourself at this time?

Have are you going @Jannatul14 ? How is your husband today?

Hello. yeah he used to take mariuana occassionally. Idk he is stressed cause he cant find work. Any idea how long relapses last?

Hi @Jannatul14, relapses can vary from person to person. Stress can be a trigger for relapse sometimes.

Have you had a chance to speak to your doctor yet? 

yea medications resumed. still the episodes are going
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance