Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Starting to struggle

@Jynx - given kitty some pats and watching Stuart little 

How are you @Fluttershy1 ? How's kitty? I love its eyes!

@BPDSurvivor - not to good, feeling down and struggling. Family issues are abit up in the air, my support coordinator from NDIS spent 2 hours with me and she bought her Threapy dog. We discussed about supported inderpendent living due to everything going on. Also planning to go inpatient for abit to get stable again. 
She is really going to try and help me as best as she can with everything going on. I can't keep looking after grandma it's really taking a toll on my own MH.... She needs to get people who help her around the house and all that. I can't always do that. 

She's going to check in with me again next Tuesday to see how I am and if she needs to come out again to support me. Because of how I was today. I'm struggling and I didn't take my meds till late this morning. She is just concerned for my mental wellbeing. She's such a angel to me I can't thank her enough. 

Then next Wednesday I'm seeing my support worker again and we are going to go shopping and start fresh. Get things to store my things In. Get some more board games. Get myself some new shoes and yeah. We might do some colouring in aswell. 

am safe 

Hi @Jynx @Peregrinefalcon - hope you are well 

@Fluttershy1  back at you, thanks for the tag. I am really glad to hear you have a support worker who truly seems to have your best interests at heart.

How do you feel about the prospect of independent living?

@Jynx - it's a support coordinator she runs and helps with me plan review. 

im sorta excited about the possibility of living by myself, I think it will be good for my mental health, with everything going on at home is stressful

@Fluttershy1  gotcha, well still fabulous to have someone who has your back like that. Smiley Very Happy

Having just moved into my own place for the first time ever, I can tell you that there is a certain freedom in it that I really appreciate. There's challenges too (like having to be more proactive about seeing friends, and the never ending cycles of laundry and dishes), but mostly it's amazing to have a space that is 100% mine, where I feel safe and that I can shape according to my own whims. 

I hope you are able to have the same sense of freedom! I know your family has been a huge impact on you so to have the ability to choose when and how you wish to engage with them (if at all) would be an absolute boon. 

@Jynx - yeah, are you able to sit with me for abit, just feeling upset. 

@Fluttershy1  sure, here beside you Heart

@Jynx - family issues are hectic, grandma has Huntingtons disease and is getting worse and I can't look after her. It stresses me out, I hate myself as it is. I'm struggling with my MH and having to look after her. It runs me down. Am safe 

That's so much to have to manage!! @Fluttershy1  You deserve to be able to live your own life!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance