Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Starting to struggle

@Fluttershy1 , how would you like them to ideally treat you? What is it you are wanting from them? 

If you can articulate it here, it might help you tell them.

Hi @BPDSurvivor @Judi9877 @Jynx - finding today hard, my dad and his wife didn't talk to me on Christmas nor gave me anything, they blame me for not contacting them and it stresses me out and makes me feel bad about myself. I just feel so alone. I feel like I'm just being used. They just really upset me

@Fluttershy1  aww that is so rough! Sounds like you wanted to be able to create some meaningful memories with them but were unable to do so. You definitely don't deserve to feel used. 

I'll keep you company this afternoon if you like. I'm going to put up some memes later too. Here beside you Heart

I would like that @Jynx - not having a good day 6EA424FC-13D4-4AB1-8614-C50DAFB46675.jpeg

You're too kind @Jynx .

@Fluttershy1 , I'm sorry you feel this way. I wish I could make the unpleasantness disappear, but I can't. Can you think of anything by which you can help yourself this afternoon? It's sunny on my side - if on yours too, how about a walk?

I just wanna hide @BPDSurvivor 

Oh @Fluttershy1 , I should also mention, I'm indulging in toblerone chocolate and reading a psych thriller... I feel so lazy today after a hectic few days. But you know what? Meh? We're all allowed to have lazy days.

If it's one of your lazy days - allow yourself.

if it one of your down days - allow yourself

if it's one of your angry days - allow yourself

if it's one of your i-can't-be-bothered days - allow yourself.

Allowing yourself to feel does not make you a bad or unworthy person.

Hugs,

BPDSurvivor

Back at you @BPDSurvivor Smiley WinkHeart

Kitty!! @Fluttershy1 I hope some pats wif da cat is helping. A walk could be super helpful, I do that all the time when I'm feeling upset or yuck. Mindfulness is easier when you've got changing scenery to look at and pay attention to. Sometimes I give myself a little task like 'find the prettiest flower' or 'see how many red cars I can spot' because it helps me stay focused on the present. 

@Fluttershy1 ,

Allow yourself to feel like hiding. That's not wrong either. Because I know if I tell you not to hide, it'll make you want to hide even more.

I remember all those days I wanted to hide. I ended up hiding under my waited blanket until things shifted - and you know what? They eventually did shift.

I love those mindfulness 'games' when walking @Jynx . I love challenging myself to name as many shades of green as I can, or name as many sounds I hear. It's amazing because you end up seeing and hearing layers of sound!

Give it a go @Fluttershy1 . You can even do it in the comfort of your own room if you don't feel like getting out. How many colours can you name?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance