Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying not to let past get to me

Ive left messages here and I need to talk to anyone on here 

Hey @Leeanne1 , How are you today?

Worried about alot of things 

@tyme 

I'm worried about things and want to cry cause I hate that I cant do anything about it 

Hey @Leeanne1  tyme has finished up for the day, but I'm around this evening. I hear that you're really feeling helpless at the moment. I hear that you're feeling very upset because you are unable to connect with your children at the moment. That can be so hard. Sounds like you care about them a lot. 

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to try to distract yourself for a time. Worrying about things is tough because it can be hard to think about anything else, so trying to switch off with some tv, a favourite hobby, or chatting to a friend, can be very helpful. 

Sitting with you 💜

@Jynx 

Yes so care very much ,I thinking about my grandchildren and have two more on the way I've tried  shutting off with crocheting  or talking to friends . It doesn't all help

@Leeanne1 mm sometimes it can feel like it's not helping, but even just passing the time can be a benefit, especially when it comes to worries. 

Is there anyone you can chat to right now? You could have a look at some 24/7 support services, like: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 

SuicideLine: 1300 651 251

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

You don't necessarily need to be suicidal or in crisis to call for support, sometimes it helps just to have someone to talk to. 

@Jynx 

No I don't want to call them . I prefer talking to people that understands what I'm going though 

@Leeanne1 I understand that very much. It is hard to connect if there's a lack of understanding. I will say though, you never know who you might get on the other end of the phone - you may find there is someone who helps you to feel heard and understood. But also, you should only do what you are comfortable with of course. 

You can always pop into other forums threads and chat to some of the other folks around tonight - sometimes just some light social contact can also help. Worry and anxiety can feel ever-present and overwhelming, but we can always take small steps to feel connected and even if it doesn't make the worries go away completely, it can make it a little easier to get through the day. 

@Jynx

If I need to talk there are people on here that have the same situation as me so I rather talk to some like that sorry 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance