Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Bipolar 2 sudden break up

Thank you ❤️

My thoughts are you might need to make yourself okay with not being together with him. That might not be the ultimate outcome, but it will be helpful for you both if you are okay with it. 
Can I recommend the book The Reality Slap also by Russ Harris. It is based on a really excellent evidenced Based therapy called Acceptance Commitment Therapy. It has brilliant tools for managing the pain from loss in our lives and redirecting our energy towards activities that are important to us. 
I have both been the depressed person and been the partner/sister of people with depression. 
I can understand his need to have less things to think about. You get so overwhelmed, just talking to others feels far too much. To be the other watching can be gut wrenching. 

Thank you LizzyRose42. It’s been almost 4 weeks since we’ve had contact. I’m doing much better and hope he is looking after himself and getting the help he needs. Hopefully one day we can return to a friendship.

Hi @VanillaPear,

I'm really glad to read you are doing a lot better. I really hope that he is doing okay too. You've both been through quite of lot lately.

Take care of yourself @VanillaPear and please stay in touch.

Warm wishes, 

FloatingFeather

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance