Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Bipolar 2 sudden break up

@FloatingFeather Tonight he told me over text message having a partner makes him feel uncomfortable, he doesn’t know why, and I’m better off without him in my life. We’re officially over (again!) and I’m beyond devastated!

Ohhh hugs @VanillaPear ❤❤

I found it hard to find the right time to talk about things to my partner xx

So sorry to hear this , sitting with you  xx

I'm sorry to hear @VanillaPear - it must be so difficult to be in the air all the time.

At this time, go gentle on yourself. There is so much happening.

Also, if you feel you would like to speak to someone tomorrow, SANE's counselling drop-in service opens 10am-10pm AEST (M-F) on 1800 187 263.

Please take care, tyme

Thank you. I will call them tomorrow ❤️

He doesn’t even want to say a proper goodbye. It’s like he is a different person 😢

Hi @VanillaPear,

I'm really sorry to read this - I hope you are okay, this is a lot for you to take in. It sounds like he is so confused at the moment he needs sometime to process his feelings. As much as it is painful for you maybe it's a good thing that he takes sometime to digest what is going on and just focus on himself. Maybe when he has done this a bit he may be more emotionally available? I'm not sure that my words are helping and please don't think I don't understand your pain but it sounds like he needs to sort himself before out he can be with anyone.

Is he open to a friendship with you in the interim? It does sound like he needs a friend. It sounds like you need a friend too. 

Please keep reaching out when you need to - we are here for you.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather 

As much as it breaks my heart, I know you’re right. I think it’s too painful for him to have anything to do with me right now, even as a friend. He has stopped talking to me and has left my last couple of messages on unread. I don’t think there is much more I can do at this point in time but leave him be and hope I hear from him when he is ready.

This is a lot to sit with @VanillaPear and I hope you have a friend you can reach out to for support during this time? 

It's so hard to just be shut off like that but I feel you are right, you have probably done all you can do at this point. 

Do you have someone off the forums you can reach out to? 💛

I have a mental health provider through my work I can access. I haven’t told any of my friends and family. I don’t want them to judge him for what he has done. Everyone was so happy when we got back together, I’m embarrassed to tell them what has happened. I’ve been pretending to everyone things are good between us. I’m so mad at his illness, not at him.

As you said @VanillaPear it's the illness not him. Sometimes people surprise us. 

I'm glad you have MH support through work at least. I hope you will give yourself some space as well, you're going through a lot.

Please take care 💝

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance