Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Ellu
Senior Contributor

The After Party

Well Christmas is over for another year! Some of us might have spent it celebrating with family and friends, some of us may have had a deeply sad expeience with loneliness  and ill health.Nothing gets changed in one day, and we all need to find ways of helping ourselves and combatting our demons in the future.

I am a big fan of "talk" therapy - along with my medications it has been truly helpful in coming to term s with myself and even ridding myself of some behaviours which I had thought were part of myself. I recommend it to anyone who is planning to make an extra effort in the New  Year.

But what I want to say is that I am relatively new to these forums,, and I am astounded at how much they have helped me, and I want to thank everyone of you for your advice and support. A New Year is a time for new beginnings, and let's hope we can all move forward together. In am 63 (I have had bi-polar since I was 15), and you think you know it all but there is always more to learn.

Thank you for welcoming you into your community,

Ellu

2 REPLIES 2

Re: The After Party

Hi @Ellu,

What a beautiful message and thank you for joining us! Although as you say you have only been here for a short time your place in the community, warmth and support of others make it feel like you have always been with us. I hope that in the new year you continue to find pleasure and comfort in this / your community.

Take Care

Re: The After Party

Hello @Ellu,

That is such a lovely thing to write, I agree that you can never stop learning - especially from others.

You have shared so much and been so supportive since you joined, well done and thank you, I am looking forward to 2017 and what it has to offer  🙂

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance