Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Things to remember when you're feeling like crap

Dear 5-HT,

You've been feeling really crappy for the last week or so and I just wanted to make you a little 'reminder' list of things to do when you're feeling that bad, (cause you never remember where you leave your notebook!)

1. Get out of bed once a day. 

2. Eat something

3. Have a shower every couple of days.

These three will make you feel heaps better in the long run, I promise you. 

TAKE YOUR MEDS!!!! 😡 😡 😡   If only to stop withdrawal side effects. 

Don't listen to what your head says, even if you think it's the truth. 

And lastly, if it get's really bad.... go back to bed..... AND CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

Anything else 'crazy' 5-HT should do???

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Things to remember when you're feeling like crap

Have an emergency block of chocolate hidden for such occasions & enjoy it guilt free!

Hoping that you have a good week & get through it all ok. 

Content/trigger warning
😊

Have an emergency block of chocolate hidden for such occasions --- ohhhhh yes @Coffeelover xx

hello @Former-Member xx

Hi @Shaz51!

remember to drink more water too ,is good @Former-Member xx

This is going to sound really strange... And is a massive overshare. But I'm pretty good about drinking water. My problem is going to the loo after drinking too much water. I don't want to move so I hold on and hold on and this actually leads to a weakening of my pelvic floor. I need to remember to get up and go when I need to, rather than avoiding it.

DO NOT CONTACT LIFELINE AGAIN!!!
Called with an overwhelming urge to hurt myself. Left with half a dozen very good reasons to do it now, at this very moment. Cheers lifeline, I feel more suicidal than I did an hour ago.

5-HT, this is awful. Your phone call should have left you feeling positive. It seems the voice at the end of the line should not have been answering calls.

Do you have the number of your state/region Mental Health Crisis Team? 

Hope you can anage some sleep to avoid those ruminating thoughts. Get through this day ok. One day at a time. 

Hi @Coffeelover, don't know if we've met. Love your name - if I could I'd live on coffee. What do you drink?
Thank's for your reply and support.
I got in touch with my doc and she has put me onto the crisis team cause I refuse to go into hospital. Feeling a bit better today. Less jumpy.
Thanks again.

Hi 5-HT,

I'm so glad you got in touch with the MH crisis team. If they're anything like the one  I've spoken with, they'll be in your corner helping you get through. 

Life at times can be utterly rubbish but then you turn that corner, slowly (sometimes it feels as though it takes forever) but you get there. Going to hospital can be a tough decision to make. I really do hope the team can look after you & support you where you feel is best.

Ah coffee! I love Nespresso's but usually just rely on good old instant for that quick caffeine boost! Don't get me started on how great a cappuccino can be in a cafe when you haven't ventured out for a while-magic! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance