Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

SimpleAsThis
Senior Contributor

This is what you call democracy...

Any aussies here? Or anyone really...

I'm proud to call Australia 'the lucky country', but recently the slow decline of our choatic government leads me to believe otherwise. "We" (as a nation) should have it in the bag, casually taking care of political business...
The LNP or ALP, that is the question? The power of a majority is truly compelling, while the greens and independant MP's are drowned out by bickering (and slightly egotistical) idiots - I still can't believe how easily the sheep flock to their s**t.

Our government is nothing more than nasty chinese whispers and most importantly the 'Blame Game'; the Jerry Springer of Australian Parliament hosts various issues, yet none more infuriating than the impending doom of a one trillion dollar deficit by 2030. What? No that's right, $1 000 000 000 000!!! WTF (literally)?
Not only is it embarrassing that we have only just considered this a problem, but the recent budget hardly scratches the itch. The paid parental leave and small business issues have been scrutinised in the media; maybe a little dig at a wealthy pernsioner or two - and the frivolous spending (both ALP & LNP) has been cleverly worded in the fine print, and brought to you with a smile from Joe Blow Hockey.

The trigger behind this aggression was sparked after watching the environmental minister, breathe a sigh of relief after the Great Barrier Reef was "not labeled endangered by UNESCO and Australia is saved from the embarrassment. Not to mention the negative impact that would have on our tourism sector".
Such words tempt me to question the intelligence, agenda and compassion of a man who isn't sure about deciding between saving a huge part of the ocean's ecosystem or profiting from capitalism by expanding the intrusive coal ports that line our gorgeous wonder of the natural word.
But wait there's more... Our environmental minister admitted he was going to think over the decision while taking a casual dip in the GBR somewhere - "Having a little quiet time out" he says. From what, showing off media? Humanity should be embarrassed!

And now our national security accidentally overlooked the anthrax shipment that arrived in Australia 2008? Ummmm you misplaced some ANTHRAX??? For seven years REALLY?
What the hell was the U.S. Military doing with the hazardous pandemic-causing substance to begin with? I don't think the USA has the right to be playing GOD but once again, America proves it's power is more feared than a biohazardous virus that causes a horrific death.

I think I should swap the lynch mob for a revolution.... 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: This is what you call democracy...

I think governments the world over are very similar in their biases and loonatic approaches to the world. I dont think we are too doomed as a country though, things change, just gotta ride the waves. deep breaths @SimpleAsThis 🙂 

LJ

Haha thanks @Former-Member

Usually breathing comes easily, but when it comes to politics and sociology I can't supress my fury!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

You said it John....

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright

You say you got a real solution
Well you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well you know
We're doing what we can
But when you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright

You say you'll change the constitution
Well you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well you know
You better free your mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
Don't you know know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright 

Thought you might enjoy watching this if you're into political satire...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance