Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

INSIDEOUT
Contributor

Homoeopathy. Does it help? Anyone tried it?

I am looking into homoeopathy as a help with BPII on the suggestion of a psychologist. Is anyone using it, tried it, or researched about it? I am keen to hear your stories.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Homoeopathy. Does it help? Anyone tried it?

Hi @INSIDEOUT & those contributing to this discussion,

Thanks @INSIDEOUT for raising this. It's always great to share experiences with different types of treatments.

I just want to flag the Community Guidelines which highlights how you discuss medication.

We ask for people to refrain from making recommendations of homoeopathy related medications  - as with any medications. This means discussion of specific medication (as opposed to a family of medications) and dosages compromise the guidelines.

The main reason for this is we don't want people to make decisions about their medications without consultation with a doctor.

We also remind you all that different medications impact different people in different ways and current medication can also be impacted when adding another medication to the mix.

Sorry for that long winded disclaimer 🙂 but I hope it helps us have a productive conversation!

Nik

Hi @INSIDEOUT

I haven't really tried homeopathy as treatment, although I do have a lavendar balm I rub on my chest if I'm feeling restless and are having trouble sleeping.

I don't really know the credibility of essential oils etc for other symptoms or management of illnesses - but anything outside your prescribed treatment from your GP should definitely be discussed with them first.

Yes,ive tried it.

No,it doesnt help.

I believe that Homeopathy is not scientifically sound and it is just water.

There is no scientific logic or premise regarding how it could work and the explanation that Homeopaths give comes across pretty much like magic.

Theres simply not enough active ingredient mixed in the water to have any physiological effect.

At best,its a placebo,at worst it "magic based"/pseudoscience.

On the other hand,Herbal medicine can work and has a scientific basis so that might be something worth considering in conjunction with your doctor etc...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance