Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Esteem & Mental Health // Tues 13th Aug, 7pm-9pm AEST

@Maggie  Sounds very relevant and quite interesting! Have you come across a particular paper on the topic etc?

I find it all really difficult whenever I made to be wrong my mind always goes back to my childhood I try to remeber that some people would rather be right than happy and I am not one of them, but even this simple task of typing makes me feel wrong as I am so slow and as a result my expectaions are I should be better. Acceptance is the key.

@Shaz51 Understandably so. It's a hard slog to re-wire emotional abuse, but I can vouch it is achievable and I certainly believe with your strength and resilience a strong sense of self-worth is on the horizon for you too Heart I am sorry to hear of this experience, and hope you know you are very worthy Heart

Sitting with you Heart @BlueBay 

Yes dr google has provided so interesting facts. @nashy  But all intellectual for me, practically not even in the race.

Expectations I was automatically thinking what do I need to do to be a Senior Contributor I am only a New Contributor

@nashyI think it is really hard to have that self worth with trauma. 

I struggle with affirmations. I don't trust my ability to make right decisions and don't feel in control of my life or actions at all.

Transforming our self concept takes a long time I think and is something that you have to keep working on. It is a slow slow road.

@HappySmiley Thanks for contributing - you are right radical acceptance can be super helpful. The ranks change the more you post across the forums 🙂 I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head but will find out for you tomorrow! 😄 

Hearing you @cutiepiekitty  Thank you heaps for sharing this. And thank you for being here!

Thanks @nashy  I just think when as a child you have had a trauma whether it’s physical emotional sexual etc it affects your self esteem. 

Fir me personally it robbed me of my confidence. I have lost all confidence in myself 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance