Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Managing your anxiety during uncertain times - with WayAhead // Tues 25th August, 7-8:30PM AEST

@SallyMartin wrote:

I also think it is hard for family and friends to understand, I am not sure about anyone else but my husband who was extremely supportive but still does not really understand.  I think we dont look sick, they cannot see all that anxiety in our chest and i think it is the anxiety that dives us to our rituals, worries etc

Yup!

My Partner is very supportive luckily but she also suffers from GAD and OCD so we tend to bounce off each other. It does however get tough when we're both down as I have chronic insomnia and she can fall asleep. She does wake up frequently though just thinking things over and over so neither of us get decent sleep much.

Re: Topic Tuesday// Managing your anxiety during uncertain times - with WayAhead // Tues 25th August, 7-8:30PM AEST

I am not sure if thbis would help, but taking it very slowly, maybe just going out of the house into the front yard each day for a week, then walking a short distance fro  your gate each day for a week, each week going a little further.  Maybe getting someone to do this things with you each day @Teej 

Hi @Teej !  I'm feeling like that too - hearing you xx

@SageSolid  I think @Peonies  comment above was for you.  I also thought if you want to chat more some time I usually hang out on A long rave  during the week and on Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  on the weekend.  You can use the @ button to tag me anywhere if you feel like it.

Nite nite Mr @Shaz51 

@Peonies  I thought TT went til 9pm ... ?

Edit :  Hi @Anastasia  just saw your post.  Hope I can help in some way.  We are not alone in this.

Relaxation skills - Relaxation skills such as slow breathing and progressive muscle relaxation

Healthy and positive self-talk - encouraging yourself to think about positive things in your heads when faced with challenges or setbacks. E.g. “I can do it!” or “I can try my best.” ‘’I’m brave enough for this,” “I know I can do it.”

Taking a step outside – this can just be to your back or front yard to get some sun.

Setting up a worrying time

Taking breaks from watching, listening, or reading news stories.

Talk to your health providers if your stress and worries are getting in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row.

Maybe you can also share WayAhead tips to stress less here - https://wayahead.org.au/stress-less-tips/

@eth I do also practice mindfulness when I feel anxious also 🌻 Thought it only works some of the time (other times it doesn't). It's all about giving things ago I guess 😊 

@Shaz51 ❤️

Thanks for the tips @SallyMartin 

@Teej wrote:

Hi all 👋🏻

Ive been following along for a bit. For me personally I'm feeling anxious about going out again, not for fear of the virus but more that I've lived in my bubble for a while and I guess there's a bit of social anxiety and performance anxiety that is holding me back. It's something I'm not really sure how to tackle it yet. 

In regards to "performance" and such, my Psych said to me "You do realise that 99% of people don't actually care what you're doing right? " "Most people are concerned with themselves" That was a bit of a light bulb moment for me personally.

Just take things little by little and control only what you can, no judgement.

@eth  Our event actually runs from 7pm to 8:30pm instead of 9pm as before Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming along and tuning in with us! 

Mindfulness is good, but practice even when you are not stressed, this way you will become used to it and hopefully get relieved quicker

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance