Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Thanks @NikNik I'm thinking that a 5 week Distress Tolerance Group course (offered nearby) might be helpful...

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Yeah I and lots of others seem to see longevity as an achievement or ‘justification for how they lived their life’ .. not so sure about that myself. Better to have been a good person than just having clung ok fought off health issues .. to what end I am not sure. Is it unrequited business or something @NikNik

Same re alone @Adge although I have lived alone the majority of my adult life well in good times and bad. I doubt if I will miss my father its just all a big confronting selfish muddle

That does sound anxiety-provoking @Shaz51 I would worry too, in those circumstances.

Adge

@Former-Member @TAB @Adge @Shaz51 @Tanglefoot

Next I was hoping to share with you all, some strategies that carers have found helpful. It's some things you can work on with a loved one, to help reduce your own concerns, worries or anxiety.

While I type that up - are there any strategies that anyone here has put in place to help them feel more comfortable being apart from a loved one?

I think that anxiety is a normal feeling, but managing it is important. Understanding that the anxiety is based on a past experience but not necessarily reflective of the present and logically thinking things through.

So true @Former-Member !

I think @Tanglefoot brought up a relevant point that when our loved ones are not taking meds we feel they are more at risk. It did take a while for Mr D to get meds that helped him and I am very grateful he is willing to take them

Evening @NikNik + everyone, joining in a little late, 

yes @Tanglefoot    brought up a relevant point that when our loved ones are not taking meds we feel they are more at risk.

Yes i agree @Former-Member, @NikNik, and when they stop and you start seeing the change of what they were like before makes me anxious too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance