Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

arguement with long distant relationship

hi everyone Ive had a disagreement with my significant other ,long distance relationship,which is making me feel closed off like Ive pushed him away when he was trying to resolve the issue,I overreacted and communicated at first to him but then felt like shutting down so engage in the conversation ,you could say its our first long distant arguement which is sad so now I feel sad and bad and as if ive been childish in how I dealt with the disagreement ,hes now asleep cause its night time over there although I doubt hell sleep much,I hope him and I can work it out,it was over something small and trivial too ,which is stupid and sad ,now Ill be regretting for the rest of today and trying to distract myself,I should have just told him I needed some time and space to myself ,maybe famililiarity breeds contempt even in long distance relationship,we need boundaries,

8 REPLIES 8

Re: arguement with long distant relationship

Hi @LostAngel Sorry to hear that you've got this complex situation on your hands, it sounds like a lot to be thinking about as you'll be going through the rest of your day!

I think you're definitely right, it's good to be setting boundaries with any kind of relationship. I do want to say I also think it's very nice that you're recognising where those boundaries might be for yourself already, and hopefully that can lead to some productive conversations with your partner later on.

I know when I have similar things on my mind that, as you mentioned, finding something to distract myself and keep my brain occupied can be super helpful. I'm sitting with you, and hope that you're able to go easy on yourself!

hey there @LostAngel I'm so sorry you had your first disagreement. It always feels yuck, but knowing you're far away can't help. It's completely understandable that you're feeling regret about it! ❤️ 

It sounds to me like you really learnt that next time you feel like this, you can ask for some space. Being able to learn from things like this is so important and a real strength of yours. For me, it took me a really long time to be able to learn from uncomfortable feelings and situations. Especially with my partner.

After my partner and I have an argument, I really like to find a way for us to reconnect so we can rebuild the relationship. Is there anything you and your partner do to feel connected to each other over the long distance? 

Hello @TuxedoCat and anyone else on this post just letting you know that we talked things out and things have improoved between us in terms of better communication

Hey @LostAngel !

Great to see you on! I was thinking about you tonight and looking for your posts so I could check-in with you. You must've read my mind 🙂

not exactly reading minds but thank you for caring,to be honest in generel not feeling great,but relationship wise things are good,its just me lacking energy,feeling like sleeping alot really need to go for a walk sometime soon ,hope your well my friend ,

listening to music to see if that helps just i geuss an off day a bit

Sitting with you @LostAngel 

oh @LostAngel that's so nice to hear!! ❤️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance