Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Mr_stress
Senior Contributor

Why cant i just watch tv or movie when i get messages to my mind

I suffer depression, anxiety , schizophrenia and bipolar and have tried suicide . Please someone talk to me i am dying with all this pain
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why cant i just watch tv or movie when i get messages to my mind

Oh my gosh @Mr_stress, that's a lot of labels to carry. Let us hold you a while, lighten the load. Deep breaths, our breath is our gift to centre us and calm the soul. I'm glad I can breathe deep and rhythmically, and feel my toes - some people can't.

Intense emotions sure can snowball, along with the thoughts, let them pass what you take a minute... ... ...

When you've done that, tell is what's happening with you today? How was you Chrissy New Year week? What do you do with your days?

Oh, and WELCOME TO SANEFORUMS! Lots of lovely ppl here xox

Hello @Mr_stress. Welcome to the forum & thank you for being honest with your MI.
I have depression and anxiety - but I've been doing really well the past few months - due mainly to therapy. And I no longer have suicidal thoughts. That's the best thing to come out of my therapy. Those thoughts would scare me.
But I think having a child that needs me, is a big deterant to not following through on those thoughts.
What has helped you - not follow through - in the past?
Not being able to watch a movie or read a book when your head is so full - must be frustrating.
So what techniques do you use during these times to try to refocus?

dear mr stressed.

back in 2014 i was hospitalised for 6 months and i couldnt watch tv no matter what i did. i tried even watch a movie just could sit still to watch it and now could watch it and laugh. can you ring the crisis helpline? what type of hullcantions are you experincing?  i hope i can help you some more

Hi @Mr_stress sounds like you are in distress with your head so full. I've had that many times (and recently too, leading up to Christmas). Most of the time I struggle to watch movies or tv. I am here instead, on my laptop, searching for answers as to why I have this illness (I have depression, anxiety and schizophrenia). 

I can really relate to what you are saying, how do you think you are doing right now with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best day you've had? I ask this because, when I was in hospital mid last year, I was asked to guage my distress levels. I went in there at below 1 and came out about a 6. It gets better though, it honestly does. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance