Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

Hi @creative_writer !

Good to see you online 🙂

I can relate to having that nervous energy. I try to do some physical activity. Maybe today is an okay day not to get too much done?

I'm here if you need a chat 🙂

@Peregrinefalcon and @tyme if only I didn’t have an God awful migraine too, I could’ve done a workout session. I guess all I can do is ride it and hope it goes away. This agitation I’ve been experiencing lately has been killing me. Agitation isn’t good during a depressive episode because it just increases suicidal thoughts for me. 

Migraines are horrible @creative_writer - let alone during a depressive episode. Any pain can cause agitation, and any agitation can can make MH worse. 

Have your sleeping glasses come? Maybe they can help with the migraines? I sure hope your migraine subsides soon. 

Take nice long deeeeeeeeep breaths.

@tyme pain can definitely cause agitation but this type of agitation is worse than normal. It’s almost like I’m experiencing depressive symptoms simultaneously with some hypomanic symptoms. You have spring coming up, so I suppose you would naturally expect energy levels to pick up a bit, and increased energy hasn’t been good for me. I got them early, postie came today. Maybe they had so much mail from the public holidays. Will try to get an early night today and will wear them a couple of hours before bed.

I hope you will be able to have some rest too @creative_writer .

Please take care, tyme

@tyme it’s about getting through the day until bedtime.

True for now @creative_writer . Just know that one day, it won't be like that.

I remember that when times were tough for me, I couldn't even say what you have said. Instead, I'd have to say, "I'm just looking to get through the next 30 mins"...."I'm looking to get through the next hour"... slowly, I'd learn to build on this time. 

So if getting through the day is what will help you today, good on you 🙂 As I said, I'm here if you need a chat 🙂 

By the way, did you ever get to apply for reasonable adjustments for uni? (totally okay if you don't want to talk about it).

Hugs, tyme

@tyme ❤️ haven’t put through the application in yet. I’m definitely going to get extra time for my upcoming assignments though. Have popped on my evening glasses and will try to go to bed by 10pm if not earlier since I’m very exhausted.

Anyone ever feel like you want someone to hold you and feel safe for once? Not necessarily in a romantic way, but feel like you have someone there.

Totally understand that need @creative_writer 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance