Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

Hey @creative_writer  wondering how you are doing today? 

@tyme💞the journey is definitely difficult, it does help to know I am not alone. It’s so easy to feel so alone and trapped, I’ve had to take some time off for myself this week, it’s what I’ve needed.

@NatureLover  💞. I sure hope this phase passes soon.

@Captain24  💞 my psychologist did contact the CAT team, and I got a referral for the local community mental health team who have been looking at options for me. They said they can refer me to a program that will call tomorrow. Yeah, it often feels like nobody cares, particularly at the heat of the moment. Many people don’t even know how to respond. I can only talk to very few people in my life about things.

@Bow  💞 it will be a while till things feel better, just holding on right now.

I’m glad that you have the community team @creative_writer . I hope they do come through for you tomorrow and you can start on the recovery climb. 

Not many people in my life even know what’s going on. So it’s probably my own fault that no cares. But I don’t need to hear the ‘just get over it’ comments. 

Is there anything that you can plan to do this afternoon or evening to help distract or delay the thoughts? 

@Captain24 I think it's hard to talk about things. For me it's more about past experiences I've had with others when talking about mental health. I just don't want to end up feeling worse than I already do.

I've been trying to stay distracted this afternoon and evening and will try to get an early night, feeling very drained.

I treat my bed as my safe space @creative_writer .

If everything gets to dark I go to bed. I hope you can get an early night. This struggle can be very draining

Hi @creative_writer ,

Your hesitancies are totally understandable in terms of talking to others with MH. I had experience with one of my workplaces. I was told not do discuss MH because it was a 'distraction' to the organisation's KPIs.....

However, I found these forums a great place to start letting that guard down.

Hope this helps,

tyme

Just popping in to see how you are today? @creative_writer

@tyme SANE is a safe and supportive place, I am glade to that I am able to come on here and talk to other people.

@Captain24 I was out a lot of today. Went to the city and uni, though I spent a lot of time lost and my phone died. I was trying to find my little sister because we intended to go home together, thankfully I did. I hadn’t left my house much for a long time, and I did my first semester online for my masters course so I will need to learn the way around uni. I think being away from things that reinforce my suicidal thoughts helped. But I suppose you kind of have to work through it in small chunks, because you can’t distract yourself 24/7.

I'm am glad we can connect with you regularly @creative_writer . We really appreciate your posts.

I find navigating a uni's platform and system takes a semester in itself! Each time I study with a different uni things are different. Even when I study with the same uni, things are different. All the best with your studies. I'm happy to hear that uni acts as a form of distraction for you.

Take care. We're here if you need anything.

Happy to hear how you go, tyme

@creative_writer  thinking of you and sending more wishes...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance