Skip to main content
rav3n
Peer Support Worker

Re: My Mosaic

that's okay @Bow sometimes the most unexpected situations happen and they trigger us in ways we would not expect. you're only human, and i'm so so glad you reached out to a facilitator about this. please do be kind to yourself. is there anything you can do tonight to show yourself some kindness? even if it's a lil small thing.

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’d really just like to go to bed @rav3n  feels safest there 

but too early

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

well just know i'm here for you, i can keep you company in the meantime @Bow 
what's the update on all the craft stuff, i'm a lil out of the loop! 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @rav3n  some company would be good. 
We had this week just gone off markets. Needed a break. Got our big country market this Saturday and I’m trying to build up some stock in the lead up to Nov/Dec in anticipation of it being busy with Christmas. But I have this painting to get finished. I think I am maybe 1/2way done. 

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

ohhh yep i can imagine Christmas time would be really busy! how many pieces do you tend to sell at these markets? @Bow that reminds me, when's your overseas trip? for some reason i thought it would be this dec?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yep, think people buy for Christmas gifts @rav3n  the country market I sell around 20 ish pieces. The other market much less. 

we leave mid December. 

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

20ish sales is soooo amazing! @Bow yep that makes sense, that just reminded me that i need to start my Christmas gift shopping soon 😅

ooo exciting, would love to see some white christmas pics if you're able to take some!! feeling ready for the trip? 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I have done a tiny bit of Christmas shopping @rav3n  but I have no idea how to do Christmas this year. Daughter still believes in Santa. And we do elf on the shelf too. 

feeling a little ready! It is really hard to know what to pack for winter over there. We each have got a good puffer jacket. But what do we wear under that? What shoes? How cold is it going to be??? 

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

aww love that! my sister (who's 19 yrs old) asked me if me and her should do elf on the shelf this christmas 😂 what do you usually do for Christmas? @Bow last christmas my friends and I went to a build-a-bear workshop and bought ourselves a teddy, then went kmart to dress them in christmas clothes. probably odd to be doing this as an adult but i never got to do it as a kid, so it was like a little tick of my 'childhood list of things to do'.

ahh yep it is tricky to judge! whenever i'm unsure i tend to pack an additional thermal top and leggings. that way if it is too hot, i can remove the thermals and keep it in my bag. and they're super light to pack. puffy jackets sound like a safe bet, maybe a scarf and beanie too? oh and warm fluffy socks!!

Bow
Senior Contributor

Oh you could totally take in turns to do elf on the shelf @rav3n  it would be fun to do it as an adult! All sorts of mischief to get up to. 
we have a few Christmas traditions. I have a big fabric advent calendar for my daughter which I fill with random junk toys/ stationary and small bits and pieces. We do matching Christmas pjs. I like to do to Peter Alexander in the Boxing Day sales and buy new pjs each year. So much cheaper then. We have a Christmas Eve box filled usually with popcorn, hot chocolate and some craft stuff in case we are busy with last minute things. We try and get out and see Christmas lights at some point and go to our local carols night. We then also make a night of watching the big carol shows on tv. 
my step dad absolutely loved Christmas, so it’s a bit of a mixed time now. There is a big chunk of our Christmas missing now. 
Christmas Day is fresh ham on toast, big cooked Christmas lunch then daughter goes to her fathers for the afternoon. 

what about you @rav3n ?