Skip to main content

Re: My Mosaic

Hey @Bow 

I'm glad you had some support when putting things in the bin hon. That can be really hard to do.

Hopefully your SW can check in again when she's on next.

I hope tomorrow's gp appt. goes well. Is she normally a good listener?

Keeping busy certainly can help with keeping distracted. With all that you are selling you probably need to stock up again.

Had gp this morning. Since then just hiding from the world and myself. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’ll hear from my SW again on Monday @Snowie I really should not rely on her so much. Half expecting a call from my CM cause of what my SW helped me dispose of today. But maybe not. Sometimes I don’t think she even cares. 

My gp is good. She is very thorough. But I don’t think she will be impressed with comm mh sending me to her to wean me off a medication they put me on. Will see what happens. 

I’ve had a productive day today. I took down some shelves and filled the holes. Need to move them a bit. Maybe that will get finished tomorrow. 
I did a door mat that I’ve been wanting to make. It’s finished but I think I need to go to bunnings and ask someone there if there is a sealant spray that I can spray on it to protect it from the rain a bit. Cause I just used acrylic paints. 

IMG_9359.jpeg

then I made these. I don’t know what you’d call them. I made the flowers and stuff at my arts and craft group yesterday. They are  made out of polymer clay. You bake it in the oven to set them. Found a plank of wood in the shed, cut it up, painted it and stuff and then drilled the holes in the top to stick the flowers in it. I’ve got enough flowers and stuff to make a couple more.  I’ll probably give one to my SW. wonder if they would sell at market?? 

IMG_9364.jpeg

@tyme @Jynx 

Hey @Bow 

I love the door mat. Would suit your house perfectly.

The boxes with the flowers look really good. I think you would be able to sell them at the market.

I don't know where you get your ideas from but keep them coming!

Glad to hear you've had a productive day hon. I know sometimes it is hard to find the motivation to do things so a big well done.

Hopefully your gp can help with the med. Good to hear she is thorough, that's how they should be.

Got any plans for tomorrow?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Aww that's cute as @Bow! Ooh ooh know what'd look cool? Some lil ladybugs or a dragonfly perched on one of the flowers!  

And that welcome mat is sooooo cute! I reckon if Bunnings is a no go, any decent art store will have sealer of some sort - a spray on one would prolly work best, right? Was it hard to paint all the lil bristles?

I have my own lil creative thingy to share! I got this chalk board sitting on my fridge and decided to make myself a little dice rolling thing, basically there's a die next to it to roll and whatever number you get is what you do! I rolled a 4 as I took this photo, so I'll be having some maaaaad chillaxing times this evening hehe- 

455359848_391455617311953_4272175843504109876_n.jpg

If you can't read it, it says:

Do something...

1. Productive
  2. Kind
  3. Cheeky
  4. Relaxing
  5. Adventurous
  6. Silly

today!

Hooray for artistic endeavours 😁

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Snowie 

tomorrow…. Just my gp appointment really. That’s in the morning. Will probably just come home and potter around the house and do stuff. 

how about you? 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Oh yes a ladybug or something like that would be cute. I just don’t have any red polymer clay…. Think I was gonna make something yesterday and didn’t have any! 

I’ve had a look at the bunnings website and there are a few options, just need some advice I think @Jynx ! But yes an art store could help too, got one of them at the shops.  It wasn’t too hard to paint. Used an empty sauce bottle and then a brush to push the paint down. Pretty easy really. 

I love your chalk board! What a fab idea to get you doing something. 

I tend to trial arts and craft to then take back to my art and craft group to do. Just needs to be easyish and not expensive 

@Jynx love the chalkboard idea. Good self care.

@Bow I have to drop S off at school then really need to go to the supermarket. My mind is freaking out about it. 

You pottering around means you'll come up with some more cool artwork!

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow oh you're so clever! Just don't get the sauce bottles mixed up I spose 😂

Aww thanks!

Yeah I think seeing art as experimentation is a great approach! Helps us to be more adventurous and less pressured by a need to be 'perfect' methinks! 

What's your next project?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hmmm next project @Jynx ….. not sure. Got bits and pieces for gotta finish from other things. Gotta do a couple of pieces for market on Sunday. Need to put my shelves back up - they are for Lego! 

tomorrow is one year since my step dad passed. I’m sad. The year has gone so quickly. I worry for mum too. 

@Snowie 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

TY @Snowie 😊

Supermarket is one of those dastardly things where it's all well and good until you're not in a good headspace, then it's a horrible nightmare... well, moreso than usual anyway. 

You got this, I believe in you! You can do the thing!! 💜