Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

utopia
Senior Contributor

I can't sleep

Another night struggling to fall asleep. This is about day 4 or 5 now. It's starting to affect my MI & my ability to cope.
An hour ago I took 2 sleeping tablets. I rarely take them. O ly when I'm struggling with sleep for days. This way they should work. But I'm still awake. Still can't get comfortable in bed. Still can't regulate my body temperature, that would allow sleep to come.
I think it's all to do with halving my anti anxiety meds - as advised by my psychiatrist. I don't know how that works. But I reduced the dose about 6 days ago. Now I can't sleep.
I'm bloody frustrated. Don't know whether to scream or cry.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I can't sleep

Still awake!

I think it's all to do with halving my anti anxiety meds -- it is @utopia, I am feeling for you as Mr Shaz is going through it too , he is finding it hard , it is hard when you can not cut the meds in half

sending you knowing hugs my friend HeartHeart

Thank you @Shaz51. I hope my body gets used to the quarter dose soon.
I've been busy all day and haven't had a nap - so hope sleep comes easy tonight.
I hope mrshaz copes with his medication reduction soon.

me too @utopia, Mr shaz is taking a full med now and then when he is feeling unwell and then half again xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance