Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

YBE
New Contributor

Hallucinating Partner

My ex partner uses {drugs} - edited by moderator and has always had bad mood swings. Added to this he now believes he is being followed, and that I organise people to track him. He also hears singing and voices on his phone. I helped him to get tablets but I believe he doesn't take them regularly. He wants to stay friends with me and see me, but it's getting very scary. In a restaurant, for example, he'll suddenly think people are talking about him. I want to help him but he's difficult to help. What more can I do, or should I just bail out? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hallucinating Partner

Hey @YBE 

Thank you so much for sharing what you're going through with your ex partner at the moment. It does sound like it's really taking a toll on you as well, and I just wanted to say that I'm sure that they are really appreciative of the support that you are giving them and wanting to encourage them to feel better. It is really helpful that you have reached out for them and also encouraged them to take their medication to hopefully help them.

This seems like a really complex situation, and I want to make sure that you are also keeping in mind that you need to look after yourself too and make sure that you're okay ❤️

Does your ex partner have any other supports that they can go to during this time? It does sound like they are experiencing some pretty serious hallucinations and mood swings. Do they currently see a mental health professional or someone that might be able to help them with these? Do they have any other family or friends that they can lean on for some support too?

Always here if you needed to chat,

Amber22

P.S I emailed you earlier about a little edit I had to make in your post regarding the language used around drugs 🙂

thankyou for coming here and expressing your concern, it sounds like a very complex issue, has he gone to a psychiatrist to be assessed and diagnosed? sometimes hallucinations is a sign of a deeper problem, the most important thing here is ensure you are safe, please be aware of your situation and ensure the person is not hallucinating things about you as well. Its up to that individual to seek out help so unfortunaly there is not a lot you can do yourself to help other than encourage him to speak to a doctor, and stand by him during this time. please look after yourself.

Hey there @YBE ,

How is your partner? Have you been able to find supports for them?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance