Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

KU777
Senior Contributor

Supportive Friends

Hi!
I’m finding that my friends are dropping off by the day. I just seem to be upsetting those around me. Has anyone else been through this?
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Supportive Friends

Hi,

I don't have any friends which is probably my own doing as I don't feel worthy and also feel they would not understand me. My only 2 friends who are a couple live a few hrs away from me and both suffer like we do. I seem to take everything people say to heart and end up feeling worse. We all need someone to understand us and that we can talk to so makes it very hard when they don't and leads to them dropping out of our lives. I understand how you feel and have been through the same thing. Remember you are special and if your friends don't understand you it is not your fault. 

Hi @KU777 and @Heavenbound, It is nice to meet you. Smiley Happy

I am extremely socially isolated. Since the 23rd of December I've had the sum total of 90 minutes of human contact, all with professionals. I don't have any family or friends. 

I have BPD (and I just read on another thread that you do too @Heavenbound Smiley Happy), which is significantly complicated by the fact I also have Asperger's syndrome. So...basically no one here in the real world can stand being around me. However, I seem to connect a bit better in the virtual world. I super hope you can both feel well supported here in Forum Land and that it can make up a little bit for the lack of social support in the offline world. Smiley Happy

Thankyou both for responding to me. I appreciate your stories. I’m trying to rekindle some of the bridges that I have burned, I’m trying to deal with it with a bit of humour, a bit of truth and the knowledge that I see my counsellor soon so can try understand why so many people upset me.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@KU777
My only friends are who I have made here in Sane Forum. I have no family apart from my Fur family. I have been living on my own now for the past 7 years, isolated with no help. I had serious damage done to my body in an accident years ago. I ended up having major spinal surgery 12 months ago. It was successful, as without the surgery I would have been paralysed from the neck down,
I had to give up my job 8 yrs ago, & have been isolated & alone since. I am a Christian & my strength comes from GOD, without my Faith in GOD I could not have coped with what I have just told you, as well as so much more than I feel up to sharing.
Love,
Bella 🙂

@Former-Member Thankyou for sharing your story with me. Congratulations on your spinal surgery being a success, that is wonderful! I’ve realised through sharing on this forum that I need to be more grateful for what I do have and the friends that I’ve got. I do have family support too, albeit small. I’m glad you have your faith too, that’s very special! It’s been lovely to meet you!
Former-Member
Not applicable

@KU777

Its lovely to meet you too. I know what you mean about others having less than what we have, we all do not realize until we talk about things not knowing who is listening/reading. I know of people worse off than I am too. Yet I suppose, sometimes, we do not realise what we had, until we don't have it anymore.
I don't mind my own space, & privacy, but gee wiz, its still nice to have real arms to hug me, sometime? 😞
I was so busy working, & helping others for years, that I forgot about my own true needs, until I needed help.

Love & Hugs
Bella 🙂

@Former-Member I too worked supporting others and forgot about my own true needs as well. I loved my work so much and I don’t even dare think about what returning to it would be like. I think that choice has been taken away from me. This year I have to face giving it up completely and it’s very confronting. Now I’m trying to find new ways to support people that have been through mental illness like I have and trying to find my purpose.

I know what you mean about hugs!
Former-Member
Not applicable

@KU777
Yes, I loved my job & did it for many years, I could go back anytime I was told. I am not recovered overall as yet to go back. I hope & pray that I can in the future?
My meaning of hugs- someone who loves me who would love to be my best friend, & hug me. I suppose any hug would be start, hey?
No body in my life at the moment, to hug & be hugged. Cyber hugs are good anyway!

--smiley-faces-smileys.jpg

(((((((((KU777)))))))))

Love.
Bella 🙂

@Former-Member I hope you truly recover and can return to your work!! I hope you find a best friend that you can spend time with!!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance