Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

RussianDoll
Casual Contributor

New here...

Hey all,

I joined the sane forums out of interest in finding people to discuss mental health topics with, and to learn about other people's experiences with the mental health care system. I was diagnosed at 21 with schizoaffective disorder and I manage it now with medication and therapy. I also obsessively bathe. Im interested in hearing other peoples stories and discussing mental health!
7 REPLIES 7
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: New here...

Hi @RussianDoll,
I've also been diagnosed with schizoaffective. But one of the effects of my illness is that I feel absolutely no need to bathe or undergo self care at all!!!
Feel free to join in any convo you see happening, and say hi to everyone. We're usually a friendly bunch!

Thats interesting, I don't know what causes my obsessive bathing, I don't think it's ocd as i dont have a reason for doing it. I know its gross but ive been struggling to brush my teeth lately. One of my symptoms is feeling very lethargic and in the evening I never feel I have the energy to brush them!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Lying in bed with the light on cause I haven't brushed my teeth yet! I should get up to do it, but I haven't yet.

Good afternoon @Former-Member, @RussianDoll 

you say obsessively bathe.,  @RussianDoll, doing this , does it relax you

Hello @RussianDoll 

If you type in schizoaffective disorder in the search the forum , there is lots of threads that might be interesting , I will tag you in some of them for you

Yes I think it's stress relief...sort of. Whenever im at home I lie in the bath. Do you do something similar?

Hello @RussianDoll

as a wife of my husband has had MI all his life , I loves having soaks in the bath -- I would love a bigger bath tub --- it's stress relief for me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance