Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

melbournegirl
Senior Contributor

New here

hi everyone 🙂
I am new here so I thought I'd try and create a thread.
I am 23, and a long time sufferer of anxiety and severe depression. I've been having a really rough time over the last few weeks and I'm really happy to have found these sane forums.
I'm interested to chat with anyone and everyone! but also particularly interested in talking to others my age and how they cope with depression/anxiety.

Cheers,
melbournegirl
12 REPLIES 12
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: New here

Hi @melbournegirl

A very warm welcome to Sane. Sorry to read that you have been having a real rough time of late and it's good that you reached out here for support. I am a tad older than you but I do know of one beautiful, supportive member around your age I can tag that you can chat to@outlander. Others also will pop on in time. Hope things settle for you soon. 

Hi @melbournegirl and welcome 👋
MDT
Community Guide

@melbournegirl welcome to forums

I will tag you on the under 30s thread if you like?

but you are in the right place 🙂 I have found these forums are very helpful for getting through the bad times and the dark times

what do you do with yourself currently (if you dont want to answer thats okay too )

Hi @Former-Member, thank you for the welcome 🙂 

thanks @outlander!

thanks @MDT, that would be great! 

i'm glad to hear that these forums have helped you 

i'm currently in my final year of my masters, how about yourself?

MDT
Community Guide

All good @melbournegirl

masters sounds hard. I am about to complete my undergrad (had to start summer school just recently because of some admin issue)
taken me a while because of my health but i have gotten there. I'm happy with my acheivement. Once it happens lol.

thats awesome @melbournegirl  well done! 

i do hope youve been ok..?

thank you @outlander, I do enjoy it but it is the source of a huge amount of my anxiety.
what do you enjoy doing?

i have been pretty crap recently. ive been dealing with a huge amount of anxiety and paranoia.
 today i'm feeling better than yesterday and the day before though so that could mean i'm on my way to feeling up at least for a short while... 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance