Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

LlamaLord
Casual Contributor

Looking For A Friend

I'm 17 and I was diagnosed a few months ago. I'm on antidepressants that do help quite a bit, I'm in therapy and my therapist is working on getting me into Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (I didn't know what that was until like 5 minutes ago).

I feel like none of my friends or family or teachers really get, or even try to get, what I'm going through. And I just feel really lonely. I've tried to explain it to people but they just kinda change the subject or don't really seem to listen - they don't wanna hear it.

When I'm in the really bad spots, I have no one to reach out to. And I feel really alone all the time. I don't know if this is like really allowed but I'm just looking for a friend who I can like text, Snapchat, Facebook, Skype, idk, anything really. I don't care about age or gender or whatever, just thought I'd reach out and ask.

I feel like I can't recover when I feel so isolated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Looking For A Friend

Hi @LlamaLord,

It is nice to see you back here in Forum Land. I agree that social support is super super important. Unfortunately, the forum is anonymous and therefore we can't ever connect outside of Forum Land. Also, just flagging that the SANE forum is for people over the age of 18. However, Reach Out has a very similar forum for people aged 14-25 years old: https://forums.au.reachout.com/# 

I'm a big fan of dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT). Some of us are working through the DBT manual here. A few people, such as @Catcakes have done DBT and found it helpful. I super hope your therapist is successful in finding a DBT program for you to attend. Smiley Happy

Hi @LlamaLord

We have an under-30’s thread here on Sane forums.  It’s not one I am on frequently .... being well over 30 myself ..... but @MDT @outlander and @Former-Member are some who are ....

Here’s a link -

Under 30’s Thread

hi @LlamaLord and welcome 

it would be great if you could visit the under 30s thread. i see youve met some of our wonderful members already and have been offerred some advice there 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance