Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Join us on our virtual walk around Australia!

One family line landed in Cooma from England @Snowie , @Jynx 

I have been to Tasmania,  new Zealand,  and Cornwall in England where my ancestors lived 

My grandmother line comes from new Zealand and then Scotland,  love to go there 

That is so great that you have been to where some of your ancestors is @Shaz51 and know where they come from.

Yes @Snowie , lots of research which I love doing but have not done it for a while xxx

@Shaz51 , wow! Amazing pics! How cute are the babies 🥰.

How are you and Mr Shaz going? Xx

hello @Healandlove 😍

we still have the flu which is a bit annoying now 

how are you and your family xxx

@Shaz51 , ahh that is annoying! Hopefully the symptoms are easing out though.  What a way to start retirement!

We are OK. Husband has had a few off days. Work stress, overwhelmed with emotions and detachment. I had my first EMDR session a week ago. My therapist is hoping it will help with my grief, loss and family estrangement. After the first session I feel very fragile. I cried for part of the afternoon yesterday but today I am a bit better.  Hopefully my brain knows what to do to heal itself.  

In the meantime I hold on to hope that things can get better with time.

Our doggie helps by giving constant cuddles.🥹

After the first session I feel very fragile. I cried for part of the afternoon yesterday but today I am a bit better.  Hopefully my brain knows what to do to heal itself.  

@Healandlove , did your therapist give you any tips or suggestions that may help , when is your next appointment ?

it will take time so you have to be gentle with yourself on your journey xxx, i am with you every steps if you want to update or just chat 

@Shaz51 , thank you Shazy for being here. Yes I will update as I go. It may hopefully help someone here to learn of my experience. 

My therapist told me to take it easy, not to think about it and that emotions may flow in the days to follow. Although the first session felt a lot I also felt safe with my therapist. When I try to think about the specific memory we treated in the first session it feels like there's a block. In the past I would feel overwhelmed by emotion but now thinking about that memory feels not overwhelming.  This particular memory is about my sister and I growing up. I still care and love  my sister but I also feel detached emotionally.  It is really weird but I think this is a good sign. Hopefully in its entirety,  EMDR will help me cope with family estrangement and my husband cptsd better.

Fingers crossed...

@Healandlove my next therapist session will be focusing on preparation for me to start EMDR.  Part of last session therapist mentioned things about containment jar, my happy place/s, photos of happy times and special people.  

hoping your therapist has provided you with items as ‘coping tools’ to help whilst you go through your healing journey

sending you hugs

@Patches59 , thank you for your message. 

So it looks like we will be going through this journey together ❤️.  

My therapist told me to do thinks that bring me joy. Hug the kids,  hug the dog, anything that brings me joy.

Keep me posted if you are happy to do so. Sending you hugs too 🤗 ❤️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance