Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Join us on our virtual walk around Australia!

yeah @Shaz51 you can come!

@Jynx we spend most of our time at the snow in winter when the kids aren't at school. That will be my view.

Hahaha @Shaz51 mayyyybe 😋

Oh nice @Snowie do you stay in a ski lodge or something or do you have a property out in the mountains? Do you ski? I haven't been to the snow in FOREVER but maybe I should!! 

@Jynx we are members of a lodge so can stay there all year round. Just have to book a room there. It's good because we can leave all our ski gear and equipment up there.

Yes I do ski, so does hubby and the kids. They have been doing it since they were 3 years old.

It's also good because we know all the other members there too.

Wow, that sounds like so much fun @Snowie ! 

What lucky kids to get to learn from a young age! I tried to learn to snowboard as an adult and the whole lesson I kept wishing I'd been taught when I was young.

@Snowie that's so cool! Love that you're all at home in the snow, how special! Do the kids have plenty of snowball fights? I had my first ever snowball fight at 20 when I went on uni exchange to Scotland. All the locals thought I was mad when I got so hyped up over the snow. And about squirrels haha they're sooooo cute! And again, the locals were just like 'whatevs they're just squirrels lol' as I'm sitting there squealing. 

ADHD tangent brain in action lol start off talking about skiing, end up squealing about squirrels 🤣

Anyway, are you heading there soon? How long do you stay?

@Ru-bee I learnt as a young adult. It was a lot harder. I never went as a child. I was probably about 19 before I saw snow.

@Jynx I would love to go to Canada to ski. I have done Japan and that was pretty cool.

Scotland and squirrels would be great to see. Kids still love a good snowball fight!!

We go in a few days and will stay to the end of the school holidays. Then we go up most weekends.

@Jynx , @Snowie 

I was in snow when I visited Cooma in NSW 

We had hail here 50 years ago,  boy that makes me old 😁

Was in a hail storm on Mount Wellington,  @Zoe7 , @Blackbird11 

Never been there @Shaz51 

We go to one of the VIC snow mountains.

@Snowie lush! Aww that's awesome, and great you've got that to look forward to! I've wanted to visit Canada for sooooo long, would absolutely LOVE to see all the glaciers and mountains and stuff.

@Shaz51 never been to Cooma either! I think my folks have though. My family did snow twice whilst I was growing up, we went to Smiggins Hole haha

One of my dreams is to have a white christmas @Jynx 

I will get there one day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance