Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

All the best for Cat today @Zoe7. And i hope your day isnt too bad. I'm sure you'll be sore and tired by the end if iy, but hopefully your kids will keep you distracted. Hugs and hugs ❤️ 💜 💙

What lovely ideas @Valentine .... ❣️

Wishing Cat all the best today @Zoe7, and you ..... hoping the pain is gently lifting, and the love of the kids has good distracting moments in it for you ... ❤️🦋

Hi @Former-Member .... 👋💕

Having to rush off now - D2 is on a WH day.  Bracing myself to have to listen to it all afterwards ..... :nauseated_face:

PS @Zoe7  ..... Nelly doesn't like sardines ..... 🥴

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh really @Faith-and-Hope ?  Now thats surprising that Nelly isnt into sardines.  I thought that was cats almost favourite food.  Maybe try some salmon?  How about chicken gizzards or minced fresh chicken?  I guess it will take a while to figure out her likes and dislikes.  Dear me, I really hope D2 doesnt have too many bad stories to tell after her return from WH. 

What a lovely idea @Valentine ... I hope @Zoe7  gets your message and can put those two suggestions into play.  The kids would love it I'm sure, and it would be good that the kids know how hard it is when worrying about a family pet.  So Zoe would get lots of love and consideration from her kids at school too ... good all round.

@Zoe7  I am looking forward to hearing from you tonight, once Cat is back home and settled.  A hard earned weekend ahead of you, which I am sure you need.  Talk later.  Thoughts with you and Cat today, and poor little Toby home alone.

Hi there @Sans911 @Shaz51  Hope today is a reasonable day for you both, and that the eye test is all good Shaz.

Sherry 💕

Good morning @Shaz51 and may your
day go well. Best wishes always.
Bimby2.

Hello @Former-Member and may your Friday be
a pleasant one. Best wishes always my friend. Bimby2.

@Valentine Such lovely ideas that I would have loved to do with the kids. I did tell them Cat was at the vet but didn't go into any details of why.

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sans911 @Valentine I received a text message about an hour ago from the vet. Cat made it through the anaesthetic and ultrasound and even better the ultrasound is clear - so I was dancing on air knowing that. Unfortunately shortly after one of the kinder kids on a bike ran into the back of my leg. That I could have dealt with but the way I jolted forward aggravated my back again. ...been very well looked after though. Had pain meds and a heat pack at school and driven home. I cried more out of frustration/disappointment than pain and also not being able to say goodbye to the kids at the end of a busy week. Home now and laying down for a while before 

I need to go out later to pick up Cat - hoping by then the meds have helped reduce the pain a little and I am okay to drive. Presently I am too shaky to even try to drive but I don't need to pick up Cat straight away - they are happy to keep her at the vet until I can get there.

What a day!!! Had such a good day with the kids and planned to do some work after school which will now have to wait until Monday ....just puts me even further behind and feeling the pressure right now. That will pass as there is nothing I can do about it but feeling the weight of everything at te moment Smiley Sad

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh no @Zoe7  ... your luck has been abysmal lately.  What have you done ... broken any mirrors lately?  You poor thing.  I'm sure the school, the other teachers, all your kids and also the little kinder kid on the bike ... would all be feeling super bad for you.

But what good news about Cat ... she came through the anaesthetic well, and got an all clear with the CT scans. We just have to get you up and able to pick her up now I suppose.  I do hope you are lying down as ordered and resting until such time as you need to go and collect Cat. Perhaps your sister or your Mum could collect her and bring her home if you're not feeling up to driving?

Yes I know you will be feeling back under the pump again, after not having had this afternoon to catch up and do things in preparation for next week.  You have to try to let that go.  Nothing to be done there, cannot be helped.  And the school knows that.  Try to look past that and allow yourself a nice restful weekend.  Next week will take care of itself when the time comes.

@Faith-and-Hope  hope your day is going okay.  Has D2 returned from WH yet?  Life must feel like riding on the edge so much of the time for you right now. Hoping things will settle down a little for you soon though.

@Shaz51  how did you go with your diabetes eye tests today?  And how is your Mum getting along in hospital?

@Sans911  hope you got some more sleep this morning at 6am your time, and that your day is going well.

@Bimby2  how's things going for you lately?

@Valentine  I'm getting used to seeing you around the place now ... dare I say ... part of the furniture.  Thats a good thing btw ... and great that you are finding your way around and getting to know other members too.  Its a pleasure having you around.

The picture of the child on a bike is not a relative .. merely a promo pic. And hardly identifiable anyway @Eucalypt  😀

Sherry 💕😃

Image result for cat operation recovery

Image result for kids on bikes

That's not good @Zoe7  tske it easy and rest up. Take care xxx

Hi @Zoe7 

I'm glad cat is well and passed the vet.  do you give her paws a wipe when she gets home, my friend/mentor's cat priscilla has this thing she likes her paws washed after the vet.   I think the kids feel you needed to get some rest.   

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance