Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Everything music

Excellent @TAB !

I expressed surprise to nurse she said, no, that's it. then I said well guess first 2 times was pains  and this time was cos found something last time .. ? @StuF  I thought after a certain age had to have one every 5 years or whatever

ok  had quick read , says average risk dont need to have one, but get poo checked every few years til 74 then guess not worth bothering with after that @StuF lolz 

I think there is an age-related thing @TAB 

But no idea if you're above that yet. Probably different in each state anyway!

I know for me they found polyps- just one or two small ones, nothing to worry about...but it does mean I should be going back sometime 😞

Anyway, so good to have that behind you! Now you can enjoy the weekend hopefully

That's good then @TAB 🙂

ok first one was not old enough and referral was questioned, but they decided to go with it. @StuF 2nd one found and removed stuf  etc 

yes prob different. def w risk. mates father had whole bowel removed after first check, he  has to have ove every 3years forever, oh the age is for National poo in bag and mail it to govt program

@TAB 

I guess they at least found your mate's dad's 'early' enough to be able to treat, albeit drastically!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being old enough to mail my poo to the government!

think govt scheme 55 ok says 50 @StuF  yes his sister was in  govt health, back in 90s think , said oh why dont you? and he was gone under a year later think, actually from family of 5 only 2 left.  only parents gone here so 4/6 still going

Ahh shite @TAB !

I misread your post- I thought your mate's dad had surgery and needed to check every 3 year...but you meant your mate has to do it every 3 years? Sorry about that

nah mates father long gone, had bag for a while then died of cancer @StuF  so mate has to get colo every 3 years forever lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance