Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Cards for the day

Hi @PeppiPatty,

Great thread 😀

My cards would be faith and positivity

Faith giving me certainty that everything will turn out good, because I worry way too much about everything at the moment, which is sending my anxiety and blood pressure soaring (I had a bp reading today of 171 - dangerous)

And positive thinking to be able to endure the worst presently until that good outcome comes about, one day at a time which also reduces worry and stress. The latter two are my greatest enemies that I am self inflicting. Even though my worries are real, it's not helping but making everything worse. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @PeppiPatty

a lovely idea for a thread....

having to stop and think about it is therapeutic in itself...

my phrase for today is letting go

I need to let go of all of the built up tension in my body and mind...

I need to let go of the breath that I keep finding myself holding onto...

I need to let go of everything that I want to nurture....I cannot do it all....

I need to let go of guilt...for nothing that I have done.,.

I need to let go of self-criticism....past patterned thinking..

I need to accept myself as I am and not change when others want me to be a certain way

I need to stop my brain from spinning out of control...

I need to cry so very hard....but am tired of crying

so I now need to go...I need to be with just me....I am safe

thank you so much Peppi Patty for thinking of me

the sane forums are very fortunate to have you here...

Go to dr @enigma!!❤️
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @TAB

That blood pressure reading did give me a fright - I have to do a 24 hr monitoring blood pressure check now. Stress does take its toll I am finding. Thank you for your care - I hope you are feeling better now 💕

Well bex cuppa and lie down -enigma- soz um yeahI got similar reading once, I freaked, was in disbelief.. arm mm well stress and bad lifestyle re me plus who says I cant do silly things like I did when I was 20 hmm I think gym in near future here
Former-Member
Not applicable

I totally relate @TAB - I did freak too, I have never had such a high reading - more exercise etc for me now too 😊 

Yeah I just go into full denial, even tho I usually attempt to prep self to get lower readings re work medicals .. may have been backfiring re post fact research .. just need to take car of myself more, thats the simple dimb fact... @Former-Member

Soz re spelling , ph screen jumping @Former-Member

Great thread @PeppiPatty!

My cards would be honesty and acceptance

I have an upcoming appointment with my psychiatrist and instead of always putting on the Hunky Dory mask when I see him, I need to be honest and transparent with him in order to get the appropriate help I need for my illnesses. I'm never going to achieve optimal recovery if I don't. I also chose acceptance because there are many circumstances in my life that I need to learn to accept they are what they are. A prime example of this is my relationship with my Father. I have to learn to accept I will never have a loving relationship with him and whatever I was searching for from him, I will sadly never receive. I just have to accept that and learn to live with what I do have.

Hi @PeppiPatty and everyone,

The cards I choose for the rest of the day and tomorrow...

Patience

Strength

At the moment I'm spending most of my days at my friend's place, helping with the search and application processes for new rental accommodation for her. She has already been looking for weeks with no luck and is just a few weeks away from homelessness if she can't get a place beforehand. She has disabilities and restricted physical mobility, which makes everything harder. In the lead up to the Commonwealth Games, we have a rental housing crisis going on in this city. This is skyrocketing prices and making decent units scarce. I need patience and strength to support my friend in this difficult transitional time that is for her an emotional rollercoaster.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance