Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Books that changed or helped us

Hi @amber22 

That sounds like a great book! I'll have to check it out 😊

Thanks for sharing!

That book sounds really interesting @Patchworks . I'm getting some great recommendations here that will be good for the weekend ahead! 😍

I also loved the Kite Runner @Former-Member and @Appleblossom . It was so long ago that I read that. @Former-Member I found it really hard to read when my mental health has been low. I can't seem to concentrate. I listen to audiobooks when this has been the case. I love audiobooks with an amazing narrator. A crappy narrator can totally ruin a good book.

@Appleblossom I need to read that book about the goddesses!

I might have to read the one about psychotherapy too @Appleblossom . I read some of the reviews on goodreads and it sounds like it's quite interesting!

Love this discussion @hanami, some great book recommendations🙂

I recently purchase Change Your Brain Every Day by Daniel G. Amen, MD

17014827701381855002669571835575.jpg

 I am enjoying it so far 

@hanami @amber22 @tyme @NatureLover @Appleblossom @Birdofparadise8 

@SmilingGecko @Shaz51 @Glisten @tonys @TAB @Bon_courage @Jupiter @creative_writer 

I recently read Bessel van der Kolk's "The Body Keeps the Score" about trauma - very insightful. 

@Blackbird11  @hanami  @amber22  @tyme  @Appleblossom 

Hi @NatureLover 

I've wanted to read that book for quite a while. I've heard how insightful it is, so glad you found it that way! 

😊

@hanami  The book looks daunting but is actually an easy read - he writes well and it reads more like a story, with interesting case studies. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance