Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Baby news

hello @utopia @BlueBay & all

a new baby in your life wonderful

sharing that special time with your daughter also wonderful

i kept a little jumper newborn size that my mum had knitted for my first son and was also worn by my second son

i have always loved teddy bears preferred them to dolls

have had to cull back

one of favourite ones now wears that newborn baby jumper

so many of my special things, especially my books are in storage because of house being on market and I find that some of these I am missing more and more

will love to keep up with your news xxx

Ohhhh Wonderful @BlueBay HeartHeart

My step daughter yesterday annouced that they are trying to have a baby Smiley LOL

Ha ha lots of little hints and asking questions

That's fantastic news @Shaz51

I hope that happens soon and works out well - trying is not starting - it can take time - it did for me but I have this beautiful daughter -

Wonderful

Dec

Hi @Former-Member

I hope you are feeling a little better - you had a rough time

I have a baby jacket story - I had stacks of ordinary sized jackets - some left over from my first - and Mum and I both knitted for the second baby so there were plenty of baby-jackets

But dd was early and small - and by the time she came home from hospital my mother had knitted a bunch of doll-jackets that fitted just fine

I wonder how many baby jackets are knitted from doll-patterns - I know there are babies small enough

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170227_101745.png

CAN YOU SEE 'BABY' IN THIS PICTURE (one of my fav)

Such a wonderful 'Good News' thread @BlueBay 

It touched my heart to read your daughter asked you to come with her to the Dr, what an honour and gesture of trust. I could never trust my mum at that level - this is so healthy, you must be a good mum. 

Yes, I always wanted 'babies' - a little family of my own. Funny how some have that and some don't - seems so natural to me to want children. Got it from my mum who had x6 (by choice). But these days, even my S1 vows he's never having children (refuses to be 'ransomed' he says), go figure.

Its great that you found your bunny rugs to passdown, think I lost everything moving so much. Did keep some baby clothes though.

Just saying hi - great expectations ahead xox

Hi @Shaz51

That's good news about your step-daughter.  I hope it doesn't take too long for her to fall pregnant.  Wishing them all the very best. xxoo

@Former-Member i love the pic but I can't see the baby!!  I need to look closer 🙂

Thank you for your kind words; i suppose i am a good mum even though some stupid part of me doesnt' think i am or deserves to be a good mum. Maybe it's because of my growing up with a mum like I had; i don't know.  but yes we do have a close bond.  She wanted to get a hair cut today but she couldn't afford it so I said you get your hair cut and I will pay for it.  I know she was off work with a bad cold for almost two weeks with no pay so I paid for her.  at least now she feels better now her hair is cut and has got rid of her cold.

Hi @Owlunar@Former-Member@utopia@Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope

So the doctors - today.  Daughter's doctor has given her all the paperwork for the hospital.  she is faxing the paperwork to the hospital this morning.  we now wait for a phone call to book my daughter in for them to see her.  She can then choose to see the hospital staff every month or continue seeing this gp.  I have a feeling the hospital is free so she may choose that option.  She is having another scan in a months time 12 week to check for downs syndrome but by then you will be able to see the baby's face clearer!!!  Exciting times ahead.

Oh yesterday, we went to our shopping centre and looked around.  we decided when we walked in that we wouldn't buy anything for the baby just yet as she wants to wait a bit longer.  But we went into a bag shop for myself and came out with a baby bag on layby.  It was half price and we couldn't resist getting it on layby.

My daughter laughed as we walked out saying 'i thought we weren't going to buy anything'.  oh well 🙂

I so love this thread.  Aunty Dec I love this!!! 🙂 🙂 xxx000

Former-Member
Not applicable

No worries @BlueBay, you'll love it when you do see it - the baby in the picture. See if someone else can find it at home first, before I say. Its soooo obvious 🙂
Clues: *think ultrasound *step back - look at the 'bigger' picture 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owlunar, like your baby jacket story. There are 'tiny' babies. My gir was 1.8kg (4lb) and even '0000' swam on her. The hospital had volunteers make these tiny stretch knit baby dresses that clip at the back, with a little gathering and embroided pink rose on the front. I kept one of my girls. And a tiny pink jacket she wore that was in fact a doll jacket & hat. So cute, and I haven't even started talking about tiny shoes - makes me smile. Good to see ya here Dec 🙂
utopia
Senior Contributor

@BlueBay. You are off the hook.
You didn't buy anything for the baby. You bought a baby bag. That's for the parent. What goes in the bag - is for the baby.
So you get off this time. You bought a bag.
Lol

Thank you @BlueBay xx

I see the feet and hands @Former-MemberHeartHeart

Love Aunty @Owlunar xx

From Aunty @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance