Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Australia Day 2018

hi all i agree that the date should be changed but i also think it is important schools teach the truth and more information about what actually happened, i think thats the important thing and then we can go from there
anyway, i am indigenous from Arrernte land, dad was born there, i am not sure about my mum she was born in melbourne and I'm not sure, i think one side of her family may be have indigenous background and the other side is mostly anglo saxon, i really dont know much despite my research

There are agencies that can help you find out about your families' Indigenous background @Former-Member

When I went to find out about my son's background I approached the Aboriginal Legal Service in Melbourne and they helped me a lot. Before he died I promised my son I would find his birth mother and this took me 10 years and during that time I moved from one agency to another and getting information on adopted children was hard but it became easier over time

Possibly because of his story the pathways became easier for me -

There are a lot of Indigneous Australians living in inner Melbourne - if you decide to try I hope you have some success and I wish you the best

Dec 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Owlunar I have done lots and lots of research and founf out a lot about my dad's side but mums remains a mystery so i will check it out thank you

That's good @Former-Member

sometimes a mystery can be very painful and I hope you can find out something

I wish you the best

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance