Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Got_hope
Casual Contributor

:(

Hi
This is my first time posting.

The last couple of days have been particularly hard. I feel so alone and like nobody cares. I don't have anyone that I can confide in. I really wish I had a friend that I could talk to.
It feels as though everybody perceives me as stupid and incompetent. These things I do take on and believe to be true but deep down I know I have a lot to offer. How come people don't see that?
I struggle with depression and anxiety which has had massive impacts on my daily functioning.

Maybe I'm just not worthy of friendship...
9 REPLIES 9
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: :(

Hi @Got_hope. I'm so sorry someone didn't reply to your first post. It seems like you are having a really difficult time right now trying to work out how to let others see the good in you. I'm sure that you have much to offer. It makes it hard when we think others don't see us for who we are. I sometimes struggle with this too. I am so worried about returning to work for that reason of being so scared of making a mistake whilst my brain is awol. I hope others will come on and say hi and you will find some support on the forum. I definately have. Take care for now💜😊
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Got_hope  Heart  Nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear that you are feeling alone.  I too feel like that I don't have any friends to talk to.  I find it helpful chatting on here and I hope that you do too.

I have been struggling with PTSD, anxiety and depression since I was a teenager, life has been a roller coaster.  

Just recently I started seeing another psychologist and am finding it very helpful. This is the first time I have found a psychologist that can actually help me, I have seen quite a few.

Are you having any counselling?  

It can be very hard trying to have friendships when struggling with depression and anxiety.  Only those who have struggled with it, seem to understand.

Do you any hobbies or interests?  Or does the depression cause you to feel like you can't enjoy anything?  At present I am trying to find things that I enjoy doing.  I often feel so low that I can't enjoy anything at all.  I have had 5 visits with the psychologist so far and I can actually say that I do feel a little better.

Did you know that through the GP you can get a Mental Health Care Plan and have 6 visitis to see a psychologist?  You might be able to find a psycholgist that bulk bills, or you might have to pay some of it, that is if you are interested and feel up to it.  It's just a suggestion.  Smiley Happy

Chat again soon.  

Hi @Former-Member  Heart  Is your day going ok? Oh, I just remembered that I read you've been out walking alot today.  Good on you.  I know how hard it can be to get out walking.  But I also know it does make us feel better.  If only it was easier to get my butt out there.  Smiley LOL  I've been having a home day again.  Big day yesterday, hopefully I'll get out tomorrow.  xo 

Hi Got_hope, I am a moderator here at sane, welcome to the forums I am glad that you have been able to share your struggles here. I am sorry to hear how bad things are for you. Everyone is worthy of friendships. hopefully the 2 responses have shown you that people on here really do care.

Take care and stay in touch with the support on here

Jazz

Findingmyway
Senior Contributor

Hi, I have been a member for a while but don't post often.
I hope you are feeling a little better?
Wish you well.
M
Got_hope
Casual Contributor

Hi everyone! Thank you for your lovely comments! This group looks like a fantastic site for everyone! I am feeling better today, thank you! There were just some exhausting events that happened that topped off how I was feeling regarding friendship. Thankfully those factors have calmed down for now.

@Former-Member thanks for your message.. Yes I am currently having counselling which is actually been so much more helpful this time around (I had seen a few since my teenage years). I find it really hard to fully open and and express myself in counselling though I'm just really guarded.
I'm trying to find hobbies that I enjoy but most of the time I find it pointless. What hobbies do you have?

Hi @Got_hope I'm new here too, and I also feel very alone. I hope you are feeling a bit better today. 

There are loads of hobbies out there, and I've tried a lot. It depends a bit on what sort of stuff you're interested in. You don't need to worry about what other people think of what you do, what matters is that it helps you to feel better. 
If you aren't sure what your interests are, have a look at the neighbourhood houses in your area. They usually have a variety of different classes. If you let them know you're not sure what you want to try, they'll usually let you have a look at some of the different classes, before you need to sign up for anything. I found it much easier to join a class if I went and had a look first. 

If you're not up for joining a class just yet, you could try colouring for adults. You can pick up colouring books and pencils for not much money from the reject shop, or big w, kmart etc. You don't need to spend a lot of money to get started.
I hope this helps you a little bit. Good luck

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Got_hope 🌹🌸🌷

I can't seem to enjoy any hobbies. Have tried.
Hoping to feel better soon and perhaps see if there are classes I might enjoy.

I'm trying a new therapy called EMDR, with a psycholgist, I'm hopeful it's going to help.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. 😊

Hi @Janne 😊🌷🌼🌻
Nice to meet you.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Got_hope and @Janee I meant to type ☺
Former-Member
Not applicable

Dear @Got_hope

Please know that you are not alone and you have friends here. You can talk to us anytime you need to and we will be there for you ❤️

You know deep down you have worth, value and a lot to offer - keep believing in that as its true. Why can't people around you see that? If they can't they are not the right people for you - not genuine. Keep working on overcoming your mental health issues first; and then start to reach out to more positive people who respect you. JUst continue to be you, natural, being your good loving self and the right people, those who matter, "will see it and love you for you". The others don't matter. It will happen in time. Don't give up. Hugs xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance