Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: no sleep all year

it helps a lot - !!! U get me. Thanks for the lists of suggestions. I didn't do well on sleeping tablets and am wary of meds... however i'm just now connecting to good mental health professionals and a solid GP maybe somethng they suggest will help. The set up of the room can be super cathartic for me. I don't want to be reminded of anything negative. I like modern and new furniture - even just ikea - old stuff makes me feel traumatised for some reason. I want to feel in a fresh space with no baggage - neautral. I'm pretty disoriented on no sleep.

Thanks @Otter !

Sorry I don't think it came across, but I did mean sleep tablets with medical guidance. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

@EternalFlower 

Thanks @Surfer37 

No problems!

U were offering solid advice re sleeping tablets - thank u. Ur right they are risky. I'm not on any real meds but considering it

Hello @EternalFlower it seems we are in a similar boat. How much sleep do you think you get on average? Do you sleep some days? Or you have issues every night? 
My insomnia restarted 3 weeks ago after I stopped a medication. In those three weeks I've gotten between 0-2 hours of sleep each 24 hours. My body is not coping. It's causing constant migraines and I'm having hullucinations. Even though I don't want to be on medication I have to if I want to stay alive, because without enough sleep anyone will die. I've tried so many medications and none of them work for me. 
Have you tried anything to help you sleep? You could try herbal first, can get that from the local supermarket. Or could try get a script to help sleep. But that's only a tamporary fix.

What's Important for you is definitely to get to a psychologist that can help with this. They can talk about sleep hygiene, which is what you need to get out of your difficulty with sleeping. Try sleeping on your couch for a night, see if you can get some sleep away from your bed. Could even try a blow up mattress in another room or something. 
I can help you with ideas for sleep hygiene if you like? I've done all of them 😂 unfortunately they don't work for me as mine is caused by something biological and not mental. 
I also wonder how you are coping working and driving? I won't let myself drive. 3 weeks no sleep just isn't safe. Disaster in the making. Is it possible to take time off work to sort out this issue?

Hi there - i feel for u with what you are going through

I've just started taking a natural prescription (non addictive) prescribed by the GP

It's helped me with my body clock in a weird way, although the  nightmares and bed anxiety are still there

i like your idea about sleeping on the couch

it is good to know someone understands... altough i am so sorry u struggle too, i know how hard it is.

Hi @PlantLover 

I have sometimes been able to rest like in my car or on the couch

i like the idea of the pull out mattress

i was given a natural sleep thingy by my gp last week to try out

it has helped in a way

but i forgot to take it one night and i was up literally the entire night which was scary

very resistant to get into bed

my house is also very disorgaised due to dperssion which is a big trigger for me - i can't cope with it right now

i do not want to take sleeping tablets but have started seeing a gp and working out on what optins i have. i guess he gave me the natural remedy like u said - to start there and see if that helps which is actually a great idea. To start with natural things which are less risky.
I am still so worried and anxious and would appreciate the concept of rest. I find it hard to rest in my bed or even my home at the moment with all these horrible memories piling up on me and this constant feeling of hyper-vigilance and being unsafe.

I get it. Not being able to sleep at all is very scary. I literally have had 0-2 hours of sleep each night for the last 3 weeks. It's just too much, the more it goes the more emotional o am about it.

I'm glad the natural remedy is helping!

Sleep hygiene is also super important, especially if the reason why you can't sleep is due to your mental health x

I also know how you feel about medication. My insomnia started because I got off the medication that made me sleep for 9 years. I hoped I'd be able to work through it and to be able to sleep without medication. But boy was I wrong. 😩

hello and hugs @EternalFlower 

how are you going my friend 

@Surfer37@PlantLover@Maggie , thinking of you and sending hugs for today 

Hello @Shaz51 its been a while!

Honestly I'm not doing well at all. I'm actually in hospital at the moment due to my physical health. 
How are you?

Sorry @Shaz51 I misread your message. I didn't realise you were asking @EternalFlower ! Oops that's embarrassing 🙊😅

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance