Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

PUP
Contributor

mums sad again

Gets a bit lonely when she's like this, she has bipolar, I keep looking for it in me as I get sad sometimes. Mums up cleaning, with music on, in the middle of the night, I have to go to TAFE in the morning, she said she won't be long but its pointless when she's on these highs, think they say its a manic phase. All the pills she's taking, thought they were spose to stop ur. Does anyone else have a situation like mine? Its just me and mum here. I want to move out but don't want to leave her all alone.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: mums sad again

IMG_20170308_211612.png

Oh well, looks like nobody's free to chat and mum's gone to bed so better get myself to sleep now. Might try here again tomorrow after TAFE. Night.

Hi @PUP, just saw your posts here. I have bipolar too. I find the meds help it but don't take it away altogether. It could be that your mum's current state of being needs reviewing by a professional. Does she have a regular doctor, psychiatrist or counsellor of any kind? I hear your loneliness when she gets like this and how painful it must be to think of leaving her. I don't have any immediate answers, but wanted to reply (even if late) to your posts. Also, you may find that you get some more replies to a question like this if you posted as well to the Carers Forum. There are more people there who have experience of witnessing a loved one struggle through mental health issues and caring for them through that.

Hi there @PUP,

I'm sorry that your mum isn't coping too well at the moment, perhaps she might need to see her doctor like @Mazarita said if she is feeling quite manic and staying up at night.

It sounds like you really care about her and that's why you are concerned and also not wanting to move out so she isn't alone with her mental health. It can really challenging living with a loved one who has bipolar, is there anyone you can talk to about this in your family or even with friends? It's really important you don't feel alone and get some support to help you, you could even ask for support like that through your TAFE, they might provide counselling or something like that?

It's great you came on to the forums for some extra support in this, we are here for you

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance