Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Waking at night with anxiety

@L12Hello I noticed your post on anxiety and waking at night. I suffer this too. I have an SCI and this has started happening to me recently again after not happening for a long time. I finally realize after linking it to time and incident that it's when I have thought about the time in the hospital or when my sci happened and someone has talked to me about it alot or that specific time. Mine is medical trauma but not a traumatic sci.

So now I sort of realize why, on to the what i do.

It most often happens in the middle of the night but sometimes literally an hour after I get off to sleep. I had a Gp once who said it sounds weird but do something you like even if its the middle of the night so I will often quietly get up and do my nails!!! or I will make a cup of strong tea which also seems weird as tea and coffee are supposed to keep you away but the gp swore it helps him. If he cant sleep he really liked tea and had it good and strong like me.

Used to happen every night. Now I'm on a sedative

Hey @BorderlineGirl 

Nice to meet you,  I hope you are having a good day so far? 

Hi 😊

Yes I do .quite a lot .it makes it very tough to get a good night sleep. I struggle really badly with anexity all the time even during the day .I hope you get some relief.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance