Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sammy
New Contributor

Relationship Breakdown im scared to be alone

Im 47yo male and i am scared to be alone. For years i have struggled to fit in and feel accepted. I have been on and off depression medications over the years. I have never been married and have no kids. For a number of reasons i am estranged from my immediate family and feel alone in this world and have for years. A couple of years ago i meet my current partner who is a lot younger than me. 25yr age gap and before anyone jumps to conclusions the relationship is not a financial one. Please don't judge me nobody can help who they fall in love with. Things have been amazing and we have both been very happy. Now my partner wants to experience and experiment other things life has on offer. I have never wanted him to ever miss out on anything and want him to be happy. I do not and have never told him what to do. I have agreed (even though it hurts) to a sort of open relationship even though it is against my values. I did so because i didnt want to lose him. We currently live together and now he wants to move in and share a house with some of his friends. He says he wants to still be in a relationship with me. I am scared that i wont see him or he wont make time for us. I am so scared that i will go back to the loneliness I had before I met him and i dont want to either. It might sound stupid but i dont have the confidence to meet people and make friends. I don't know what I should do. I am so tired of constantly feeling like I'm not good enough or deserve to be happy. Please help me. Any advice on what i should do would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Relationship Breakdown im scared to be alone

Hi Sammy,  Welcome to the Forums.
I'm Elsie, one of the Moderators.  It sounds as if you are experiencing difficult times, which many of us can experience in such situations. How would others respond to Sammy at this time?

I understand how you feel I am having a relationship problem too but it is complicated.

I would like to make my own post but dont know how to

How do I go about it?

this site is too hard to use

I was looking for support but no instructions on how to post

Hi I am one of the moderators and can hopefully help you. To start a new discission you can click on any of the forums eother carers or lived experience and then click on any of the stories and then click new discussion. I hope this helps

Hello @Sammy transitions are difficult, but maybe something good will emerge ...

@EmmaD Hi, If you press the "stories" hypertext ... then a page will open with an acqua green tile called "New Discussion" ... press that and you start your own thread with your own title.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance