Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi @Judi9877 ,

Have you had any contact from PARCs or Spectrum? How's things?

Spectrum has an intake early next year, so they begin assessments Nov-Dec. Hope you get in.

As for PARCs, I'm not sure what's happening due to COVID. Some have halved their capacity to reduce people going in and out. Have you come up with any recovery goals?

BPDSurvivor

Hello @BlueBay ,

How's things my friend? I know last time, you mentioned your struggles with articulating your thoughts to others, especially family. Any changes recently?

How are you managing work?

Thinking of you,

BPDSurvivor

Hi my fellow-friends,

How are you all travelling?

@Jacaranda84 @Shaz51 @Judi9877 @BlueBay @BPDrose @BPDRECENTDIAGNO @Bpd_89 @Former-Member @Tbo @Aniela 

Would anyone like to share their current experiences of BPD whether as a carer or as someone with lived experience?

In terms of my BPD, I'm having some challenges transitioning from working at home back to working on site. I feel like I am going back to a most unsustainable life which does not have time to slow down. I have reflected on this and am now trying the following:

- ensure I eat properly

- try squeeze in walks

- saying 'no' to doing extras for people

- setting boundaries between home and work

- having a regular sleep and wake time

- persisting with meditation exercises each night

Does anyone have any other strategies?

Im also in the process of transitioning from my area mental health team to a community outreach program as a next step into private. I'm looking forward to it, but also a bit unsure. 

Another 'BPD moment', shall I say, was when I found out the program 'Addicted Australia' on SBS this week was filmed at Spectrum. I still feel a sense of abandonment from Spectrum after finishing from their programs. As someone said, it's "my Spectrum". This probably does not make sense to non-BPDs, but it makes perfect sense to us.

Once again, I welcome all our friends here in our BPD community, especially those passing by and those who have recently joined us. I encourage you to share your experiences, thoughts, questions, ideas, or invite others to join us. This is very important so we can support others out there. It is hard to be on your own when faced with the challenges of BPD.

Cheers,

BPDSurvivor

61E4BC22-1169-4074-8509-952460EAD0BC.jpeg3D115853-75FD-4FFB-85D5-D5B102CD1A6A.jpeg

Hi @BPDSurvivor @Jacaranda84 @Shaz51 @BlueBay and everyone here. Just popping in to say hello and to let you know I'm okay. 

I was on my phone before and came across an article by abc Australia on BPD. I hope this link works.

https://apple.news/AfHuTAjIsQgec_xSwC_xnxw

It's about BPD obviously and a peer group in the ACT. Enjoy!

Judi9877

Hi @Judi9877 ,

Thank you so much for the article. The link worked and the part about stigmatisation of BPD mainly from health care professionals is sooooo true. I can definitely relate to that! 

I found that as soon as people found out I had BPD, their attitude towards me changed. It was horrible.

Just like in Canberra, I think BPD support groups are so necessary, particularly for carers. Carers and family members can get so distraught because they simply don't know how to support their loved one.

If anyone else has anything to share here, please do. It would be great to continue this BPD support network for people to reach out. 

May the truth behind BPD prevail!!!

BPDSurvivor

@Jacaranda84 @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Aniela @Nells @JJ4 @vashi @BPDrose @Luca33 @Sarah_850 @Olliesmum @asdfge @SunflowerMe @magical_journey @Tbo @sarvan @Ellan @Snoopy56 @PlantLover @Aleister @Damienp @New2BPD @sanity41 @Deadpool @Daisy16 

D228C042-711A-4AEA-A781-5952E259B4CC.jpeg30A6F60C-5CAF-4726-8D6B-28D5AACBD653.jpeg

Love the pics.

I'm glad you do like the pics @Snoopy56 . I want people to know that a diagnosis of BPD does not signal DOOM. 

How are you travelling? Feel free to share any thoughts or experiences here amongst our BPD community.

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance