Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Princessmolly
Senior Contributor

Overciming compulsive eating

Hi all i am wondering if anyone has any suggestions in how to overcome compulsive eating. I have put on 20kg in a year. My skin and hair and breath are terrible. I have headaches all the time. I keep getting sick. My joints ache. All of my bones in my feet feel broken from the weight but i still keep overeating several times a day to the point of almost being physically ill.
I joined weight watchers but blowing my points by lunch every single day is esculating my behaviour. I dont know what to do and am considering a lap band. I am also thinking of getting rid if my WW membership and using the money for a membershio at a yoga studio so i can practice living myself. The one i know of locally also has weekly mindfulness and meditation workshops. I need to vreak this cycke i thought it was medication related but i got my IUD out 6 months ago and stopped SSRIs 2 months ago and its getting worse not better.
All this eating i do in secret either while my toddler naps and i drive around with him or on my way to and from work. I even tell my husband i am going to the gym and do it wearing my exercise clothes in random fast food carparks.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Overciming compulsive eating

Thanks for sharing this with us @Princessmolly this sounds like very difficult for you and I am sorry that you are feeling this way!

Firstly have you had blood tests or spoken to your GP to ensure that there is no medical reason behind your sudden weight gain?  

You have mentioned Yoga and Meditation which is lovely for you to do for yourself for relaxation and self-care especially if you are stressed about your weight gain.  There are articles about how making stress hormoes can lead to weight gain and instigate cravings for certain foods. 

There are even Yoga classes where your toddlar can join in whcih could be fun for both of you.

Please be kind and gentle to yourself

Sylvester 

SANE Moderator

Re: Overciming compulsive eating

I know how you feel @Princessmolly. I also a compulsive over eater and find certain foods hard to resist.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance