Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

jem80
Community Guide

Lifeless Interaction

Sometimes when I interact with others I tend to come across as cold, abrupt and lifeless. I sometimes "drop out" of the conversation. When I drop out of the conversation, I lose a little bit of track in regards to what people are talking about and stare into the distance. This generally occurs when I have had a long day and are tired. I also tend to repeat myself.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lifeless Interaction

Hi @jem80

I think most people do this sort of thing from time to time particularly if they're tired. I know that I have. Sometimes it's matter of just excusing yourself by saying that you'd love to stay but you're so tired that you're falling asleep on your feet. You can make a bit of a joke about it if you feel comfortable doing so. There's very few people who won't understand. 🎶💕🎶

Hi @jem80 thanks for sharing. Echoing @Kurra I think most people can relate to this experience. Have you ever considered why this might be happening for you? For some people who are more introverted, big group interactions can trigger anxiety. As a way to manage this, people can sometimes turn inward and 'dissociate' or sort of tune out of what's happening in the room. While they're present physically, the mind goes elsewhere for a while. I wonder - Does that sound like what's happening for you? Or does it feel different?

@Mosaic,

Sometimes it is because I am introverted and other times it's because my mind just decides to "skip the room" and leave the conversation. I have had trouble with my concentration in the past and it is getting better as my focus is stronger. Still, I am leaving the conversation whilst still being phsyically present.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance