Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

whatsthepoint
New Contributor

HI!

Hi all, I am new here and not sure where to start or what to do, but really feel like I need some help.  I plan on ringing and making an appt with my dr tomorrow but I am just so tired and over everything.  I really need to figure out why the people I love and care about don't feel the same way?  But I have been told I am hard work...  

3 REPLIES 3
Sylvester
Senior Contributor

Re: HI!

Welcome @whatsthepoint It is great that you have joined the forum and I hope you will enjoy the experience.  

Regards Sylvester

SANE Moderator

suzanne
Senior Contributor

Hi @whatsthepoint, it sounds like you feel very hurt and lonely at the moment.  And maybe a little confused?  You're certainly not alone within this forum with these sort of relationship challenges.  They are never easy but when you throw in a mental health concern you can elevate the problems to a new level. 

Can you give us a little more insight into what type of relationships you're referring to?  Friends, family, colleagues, partner.  Maybe all of the above?  If we get some specifics it might be easier for members to help.

I hope your appointment goes well with the doctor today.  Are you going to seek a referral to a psych?  It might be good to talk it through and get some ideas.  Let us know how you go.

BTW I moved your thread to another part of the forum where it's more likely to be seen and responded to.  Hope that's ok 🙂

utopia
Senior Contributor

@whatsthepoint. Hi & welcome to our forum. This is a safe site where people can talk about their experiences and feel supported. I know there are a few members here who are struggling with families that aren't supportive and others who struggle with friendships. They should be able to offer some advice.
Have you made an appointment with your doctor today?
I know from my own experiences that some people just don't / want understand MI (mental illness). Then there are others who will look up and find out more about your condition and try to help.
Who in your life isn't as understanding and compassionate as you are?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance