Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Bastless and Odin

Its ok @Bast .. I can relate .. had been doing it for years til I realised it even had a name re the ‘walk’ lol I used to get so fearful and guilty about going back, and only did if had things still there. I used to think it was only me 😀 well til heard from others that it had a name etc

@TAB@Queenie@Utopia@Dec

Hi TAB 

Many thanks for the follow up message - I will certainly be in touch again - Once I have a date for the walk.... My walk will at least be easier (I hope) I will be able to drive around to the back of the building. grab my personal items and escape from Alcatrazaz forever. Not quite realistic I know. Just easier at this stage to consider. 

I will still have to have some ghastly formal encounter to hand in my wipe and the cheapest phone in existance. 

Lovely...................what joy

There is only one person that I think I can tolerate to see.........

Regards Bastless and Odin

It’ll be fine @Bast ..it’s never as bad as it seems when stewing over it lol 😸

Re: And now

I write to you wonderful people as my safe place. I cannot ring for support, last time the results were horrific. It was so like being punished for having a mental health problem. Never, ever again will I phone for help. I am trying to acknowlege that this is just another tricky time & all will be OK. The sadness is just overwhelming and I thought I was all healed. Self blame, self doubt & abasement - rampant in my mind. I cannot envisage any reason at all. I work every day with people who are experiencing MH issues and crisis. I know my work is benefical from the feedback I receive and to have the honour of sharing their accomplishments. Now, I am so frightened and scared that I will again break. I have to attend the Children's court due to a supoena as I am their therapist. I know my beliefs are strongly aligned with the rights of the child and I think that my practice is in accordance. I am self doubting, anxious and afraid. The mood drop is devasting. I can no longer envisage a way forward.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Such a stressful time t

Hey @Bast 

It sounds like things are pretty tough at the moment. I know there is nothing that I can write that you don’t already know. 

Just checking in to see how you are going. How is Odin going too? 

A funny thing happened. I was in the shower thinking about your post and I remembered you had a newish cat last time. I tried to remember it’s name and came up with onedin, then thought I’d might be Odin. I think I surprised myself that I remembered their name. 

I hope today has been kind to you. 💜🤗

Hi all

Now I believe it is essential to tell something that is troubling me as my story. Although the contents maybe dark, I will endeavour to minimise any provactive elements. The biggest question that still remains is how do you live with horror and ongoing nightmares. Two years ago I reached the point of no more, I was carted off and kept accordingly, on the night of release everthing worsened. Again, I escalated. Very close to nasty endeavour. Arteries are interesting things and when driven the results are amazingly horrible. Tenuous or touch and go the spouse was informed. I do recall some of the elements, that continue to trouble me. Dragged into the light, ambos saying I stank, freezing in hospital with a BP of 50, monitors & eventually a wondrous machine called a huggy bear - warmth finally. Stabilisednd off to ICU, and then to a ward. Specialed and met the most amazing people. Wow got to shower, blood soaked hair, cleaned. Starvation & dehydration awaiting surgery. Meds ceased for 10 days. Wreckage as a result. Back to entrapment. No outdoor access as 2 people had escaped.Finally left after another 10 days fighting for to survive - now why & what for. I have made a sincere promise to myself - no more, and yet daily I am so tempted. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance