Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

inspiring people

everyone is or gets inspired by someone at some point in time and im wondering......

Who do you inspire to? it can be on the forums or in the real world?

feel free to tag them if they are on here and if you dont mind can you give a reason why?

25 REPLIES 25
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: inspiring people

@Former-Member    I'll start....  Everyone inspires me on the forum, because everyone has their own stories and experiences, and everyone has courage to get through them.  I also love how unexpected people reach out in times of need and everyone bands together to help anyone battling a bad time.

That to me is very inspiring.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member thats pretty much what the same thing is for me too. i was inspired by people on here to open up and tell my stories, without them i would havent told my story and that inlcudes you @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Zoe7 @utopia just to name a few

Former-Member
Not applicable

ok so firstly one of the people i inspire to is our moderators. @Former-Member . where would we be without their monitoring and approving all our posts and pictures. they do a lot of behind the scenes work that not many could not do. they are always supporting us and checking up on us. Always happy to recieve our calls and emails for help. So id really like to say thank you to all our moderators. the reason they inspire me is becasue they are all kind, caring, compassionate and empathetic. they are always here for all sane users and it really appeciate it as im sure many others do. so thank you @Former-Member we all really appreciate it HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Another Person i inspire to is @Zoe7. my beautiful guardian butterfly. youve recently opened yourself up to me and told me that i was like the child you never had and you know what.. after reading all the posts youve written to me, it shows and guess what it works both ways. Reading through the posts your written through the forums you feel like a mother i never had @Zoe7. your opposite to what my mother is and its a privelege to 'know' you and to have you has a guardian butterfly. it made me realsie what a great support these forums are and i couldnt ask for anythign better. i may have only been on the forums for a short while but you mean the world to me and i really appreciate your input for everything. You so kind, caring, empathetic, loving and im glad your here guiding and supporting me. I feel so lucky. Thank you for always listening, supporting and encouraging me. Your a true friend. your kindness really shows through all your posts and shows your beautiful personality. Your a very special person to me, who couldbt have come at a better time.  @Zoe7

Former-Member
Not applicable

And of course everyone else who is on here. your all supportive and i feel so lucky to be on the forums with such a great bunch of people. you all gave me hope when i have nothing but darkness, it feels like a light has been switched on  in that dark caorridor and i can finally see just a shimmer of what could be. thank you all for being yourselves. Kind, caring and truthful. i always love reading your posts even if its not what i want to hear, your all so full of wisdom and i truley appreciate it.

"a friend who understands your tears is much more valuable to friends who only know you smile" -unknown author

just to name a few @Former-Member @Former-Member @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @BlueBay @Phoenix_Rising @utopia

Oh @Former-Member this is such a wonderful thread, thank you for starting it and also writing that lovely post about the Moderators. Personally, I try really hard to show that I care for everyone and really want to understand and validate every person's experiences but moderating every post as well as checking in with certain people, ect does get super busy these days (which is good!) but does mean I can't always write that I care, but I DO.

Everytime I log on and start approving and reading posts I am constantly blown away by the strength and resiliance people have on here who have gone through some of the most horrible things and still continue to show warmth and empathy for others as well as continue to share their inner most secrets and live their lives, it's truly incredible and why I love working in this area so much. It inspires me, daily like @Former-Member said!

I'm excited to catch up on your garden drawings too! Smiley LOLHeart

Lunar ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Lunar.
I know you all do such a wondeful job even though we cant see it but the truth is sane wouldnt be up and running and be as efficient as it is if you weren't there.
Oh and @Lunar your in my garden too and ive drawn a pic in my garden thread ❤

image.jpeg

❤️💕 @Former-Member ....

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member - lovely thread and thank you for the tag - it's made my morning. 

I find lots of people inspiring and can almost always find something about someone that I think 'wow that person is awesome'. From the elderly people I see walking every single morning keeping fit, to my kids teachers who have a job that, as much as I love little people, I know I would never be able to do, to my mum for facing really tough things and being the great person she is, to my kids for being amazingly able to look for and find the good in things... it goes on. I love reading and talking to people on here because I know everyone of us has our challenges, yet every one of us is still going. You inspire me with your resilience and willingness to look for and try things to help your situation feel more managable. 

Warm fuzzies, thanks @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance