Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just sad

I meant keep them safe I’m meant to always keep them safe from people who hurt them, that’s meant to be my job and I failed @tyme 

it could be the case for me I don’t know 

I have a family of my own now that I have built and they are just in the background when they used to my whole world and I was theirs

sometimes like tonight I sit outside and admire the full moon and wonder if any of them are doing the same and we’re looking at the same moon together

But ARE they alone? @ArraDreaming ? They may not be with you right now and may not have a family right now, but do you they are actually alone?

Would it be a good idea even to give your baby sister a call tomorrow and see how she's travelling? It may abate your some of your fears.

I don’t worry about her she’s got a good head on her shoulders she knows what she’s doing, she’s ok @tyme 

I worry about the younger kids 

they don’t understand that they should be with someone who loves them and they aren’t they think this is normal

And @ArraDreaming , what you mentioned about you having your family and they are now in the 'background', I actually find that true for many families.

What I mean by this is even between best friends. They are friends for whole life, and once one gets married, you hear less and less from them.

I remember when my sister got married. We were soooo  close and used to talk for hours. Our lives where in each others. However, when she got married, I became the 'background'. Then when she had kids, I became pretty close to 'non-existant'. This hurt me very much. I remember crying over it many nights. It was like I was now the 'next best thing'.

Now, we still don't talk much to each other, but we both know that if anything at all happened, we would be there for each other. The bond is so great that the unspoken becomes more powerful sometimes.

Whatever you have or have not done in the past, your siblings know you care.

the youngest one is 6 he doesn’t even know me

what if that was my kids what if my kids were separated like this it isn’t fair

@ArraDreaming wrote:
they don’t understand that they should be with someone who loves them and they aren’t they think this is normal

Don't you think they will learn this in their own time? Life is a learning process @ArraDreaming .

Remember, you ARE doing more than you think by being an example for them. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance