Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: It's all new...

Thankyou

Yep. He is a grown up no matter what his troubles are.

True thankyou

Hi @Rae good to see you've come here to share your thoughts. I agree with @Appleblossom it is important to take care of you and your family as your husband has the support he needs. I think that if my husband had said to me 'I was drifting from him' or 'pushing him away' or 'being aloof' or he was worried of 'relationships' I made in hospital then I would have tried to talk it through with him or in a group setting...but that's me, everyone is different. I dont know to this day how chronic hospital admissions, bi-polar episodes or my mental illness affected or affects my family. Believe it or not it is good for me to see your post and hear how you feel and your thoughts as it gives me an inkling into my own family. Unfortunately I lost my husband and was enstranged from my family for 3 years. Is a weird thing the whole 'communication' stuff....I also agree about you perhaps being part of a CARERS support group. They also need support. Good luck @Rae...so many here are great at feedback 🙂

Thankyou, I appreciate your response, I have contacted the hart centre and have booked some counselling, I have learnt to tolerate and respond to my husbands behaviours in a permissive way for so long, if we have any chance at all of having a positive relationship to support our children, like him, I need to also learn to change. It's a scary journey, but one I will need to do for the future relationship my children will have with their dad, who they adore.

hello @Rae and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

how are you today my friend , remember you are not alone and we are here for you Heart

Thankyou, saw amazing counsellor yesterday. I feel stronger.. more focussed and realising so much more about myself I have suppressed. We can easily lose ourselves at times... this time has been such a growing time for all of us. I feel my head is clearer now the fog has lifted and I am looking to what the future holds. One step at a time, baby steps at first but feeling that my steps are sure and I am heading in the right direction for me. Thankyou to everyone who has provided advice, I will relish this group and try to continue to provide support, just like I have received support and comfort in your words. 😘

So went out with friends last night, and one of my staff told me about another infidelity I wasn't aware of.. cheaters are cheaters.. happy I known.. but it still hurts 😞
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance